Jagr probably OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veela

Aug 17, 2005
Prague
I watched post game interview with our coach Alois Hadamczik.

It seems like no concussion here. Cut on the head and cut on eyebrow. Jags wears this Esa Tikkanen like helmet, this eggshell is worst for protecting players. It was clear concussion situation, Jags hit the panel between the boards and plexi. But he normally communicated with players in the locker room. His head must be made of concrete.

Just the fact he was still in locker room when the game was over is encouraging. If he has a concussion he would walk 10 meters and vomit. But he stayed and didn´t traveled to hospital. He can miss tommorow´s game against Italy but hopefully he will be back against Canada.

The broken finger he suffered at WC united the team and fans in some way and ultimately we won gold. This is so unpredictable tournament but hopefully Jags will be back, he has such a influence on our team. After the hit, we played really slow and shocked.

Even though it was dirty hit on our best player I have to say it was bad accident. If Jaromir didn´t put his head down it would be shoulder-shoulder hit.

But Ruutu has no place on this tournament. He laughed and fingered our bench when he was pulled out of the rink. Kubina was red-head on the bench, he would tear him in two pieces if he would be on ice. But Ruutu laughed knowing he is untouchable. Marty Straka who jumped on him is no boxer. That was a manner of Ruutu that don´t belong onto Olympic games. He plays ugly and he behaves ugly.

Sick of it
:rant: :rant: :rant:

SChan*

The broken finger he suffered at WC united the team and fans in some way and ultimately we won gold.

that's why i want to avoid the czechs in a quarterfinal at all costs. A pissed off czech team = instant loss

PDO

Jan 12, 2005
Edmonton
... hence why there should be no instigator rule and fighting should be allowed. Guarentee if the first one happens in the NHL and the 2nd one happens in international play you stop seeing so much of this :rant:

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Gotta love Ruutu. He is so good at taking teams out of games by making them angry.

Jagr will live I'm sure. He's a tough bwoi.

It'll be interesting to see how Team Canada will deal with Ruutu.

Torch

Jun 30, 2002
Visit site
Veela said:
But Ruutu has no place on this tournament. He laughed and fingered our bench when he was pulled out of the rink. Kubina was red-head on the bench, he would tear him in two pieces if he would be on ice. But Ruutu laughed knowing he is untouchable. Marty Straka who jumped on him is no boxer. That was a manner of Ruutu that don´t belong onto Olympic games. He plays ugly and he behaves ugly.

Sick of it

Ruutu is the biggest coward in the league. There is no defense for his actions. It doesn't matter if it is in the NHL or international games - there is no place for him.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Veela said:
Even though it was dirty hit on our best player I have to say it was bad accident. If Jaromir didn´t put his head down it would be shoulder-shoulder hit.

Sick of it

Look at the video links provided in the game thread.
Then try to explain the word 'dirty' you used according
to the hockey rules.

Now you're crying for blood because Jagr made a childish
mistake of dropping his head.

Cute.

68jagr68

Feb 2, 2006
Maine
Caz said:
Look at the video links provided in the game thread.
Then try to explain the word 'dirty' you used according
to the hockey rules.

Now you're crying for blood because Jagr made a childish
mistake of dropping his head.

Cute.
I will.It was dirty because it was illegal(charging).It was also done with the intent to injure someone which the replays show, and his actions show with his smiling and waving at the Czech bench.

shawn_kemp*

My dad told me that Hadamczik sounds like a Pejorative Slur in his interviews. Not the things he's saying, but really the way he speaks. Is that true?

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
68jagr68 said:
I will.It was dirty because it was illegal(charging).It was also done with the intent to injure someone which the replays show, and his actions show with his smiling and waving at the Czech bench.

No charging, as he was not speeding up before the hit.
With intent to injure? You a mind reader or smthng?
It was done to deliver a hit. And he did. Cleanly.
It's done in a game called ice hockey.

Smiling and wawing, yes. Maybe to Straka about the
struggle afterwards. Not about the accident to JJ.

Look at the videos. Hard and clean. Jagr dropping the
head one sec before Ruutu's hit blows. Stupid of Jagr,
not Ruuttu.

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Caz said:
No charging, as he was not speeding up before the hit.
With intent to injure? You a mind reader or smthng?
It was done to deliver a hit. And he did. Cleanly.
It's done in a game called ice hockey.

Smiling and wawing, yes. Maybe to Straka about the
struggle afterwards. Not about the accident to JJ.

Look at the videos. Hard and clean. Jagr dropping the
head one sec before Ruutu's hit blows. Stupid of Jagr,
not Ruuttu.

Says the finland fan. Unbelievable. As an unbiased observer, that was no doubt a clear intent to injure the opposing top superstar player.

Sports Archaeologist

Nov 19, 2005
lol

The common theme coming from the Ruutu apologists was that it was "Jagr's fault." That if Jagr hadn't put his head down, he wouldn't have gotten injured.

This is typical blame-the-victim stuff. This is a prime argument to use when other arguments fail.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
shawn_kemp said:
My dad told me that Hadamczik sounds like a Pejorative Slur in his interviews. Not the things he's saying, but really the way he speaks. Is that true?

What the hell is this garbage?

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
The_Eck said:
Says the finland fan. Unbelievable. As an unbiased observer, that was no doubt a clear intent to injure the opposing top superstar player.

I'm so sorry if you as a sports fan believe that sportsmen and -women are
out there to injure the opponent.

I feel for you.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
John Blonn said:
lol

The common theme coming from the Ruutu apologists was that it was "Jagr's fault." That if Jagr hadn't put his head down, he wouldn't have gotten injured.

This is typical blame-the-victim stuff. This is a prime argument to use when other arguments fail.

Look at the vids. Links can be found on the forum in many threads.
Then check the rule book. Then look at the vids again. Then ask a coach
what not to do when close to the boards.

Then come back with another psychology lesson for us.

Sports Archaeologist

Nov 19, 2005
My point was that it's like saying to someone who was mugged "it's your fault that you were walking on that street at night, and thus your fault you were mugged, you should have known better." Meanwhile, the mugger gets away smirking.

It's a good analogy for this case.

I've seen the vids...Jagr was in a vulnerable position, but is it his fault that Ruutu took advantage of this? Ruutu's reputation and history are crystal clear.

EDIT: By the way, I'm not sure where psychology came into any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad