Jacksonville Jags owner to buy Wembley Stadium to ready a move to England

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Khan just dump a bunch of money into the Jags stadium?

I can't see a businessman as sound as him do that then bail for London. This strikes me more as a market growth/expansion move. Owning Wembley means the Jags will always have a place to play their yearly international game and he gets to rake in that sweet revenue from other events.

Pretty smart move imo.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't know if all those fees are really all that profitable though (as the owner also has to pay for operations which can be costly)..if the FA was making a killing with it, they'd probably not be in a position where they'd sell it just to raise funds.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Khan just dump a bunch of money into the Jags stadium?

I can't see a businessman as sound as him do that then bail for London. This strikes me more as a market growth/expansion move. Owning Wembley means the Jags will always have a place to play their yearly international game and he gets to rake in that sweet revenue from other events.

Pretty smart move imo.

He's also really rich, and rich people often buy things like Wembley as collector items, like how normal people buy muscle cars and sports jerseys.

I don't know if all those fees are really all that profitable though (as the owner also has to pay for operations which can be costly)..if the FA was making a killing with it, they'd probably not be in a position where they'd sell it just to raise funds.

Its also a crown corporation, so if the government has a chance to make a profit on it and have someone else deal with any problems, they might go for it.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I know the guy has a lot of money but if he isn't planning to put his NFL team into the stadium then why is he paying a reported $1.4 billion for it?

Reports I’ve read say the offer is around $800m USD?

Edit, articles are all over the place, $600m to $900m pounds.

Still a crazy amount.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad