3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
It aint cool being no jive turkey so close to Thanksgiving
Jive turkey is a little over the line my man...
Heard Mackey got sent back to Hartford again. I'm sure that's salary cap related but wondering if they would do that if Lindgren was going to be out on Saturday.
Listened to Lavi's PC and he mentioned something that I brought up in the game thread. Lindgren and that guy who injured him had a few run inside earlier in the game. Lavi thinks the guy targeted Lindgren with his elbow because of those earlier incidents.
Exactly what I thought when it happened. Is the hit being reviewed?

Reactions: egelband

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Add all kick-in goal / no-goal decisions that continue to go against the Rangers (remember from earlier this season). It's not a conspiracy - Rangers don't get any decisions out of Toronto. Statistically it is impossible to be so lopsided against.
Dolan’s lashing out at the NHL after the Wilcident has been stated as a potential cause. I laughed it off but it’s getting kind of ridiculous…

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
Jive turkey is a little over the line my man...
e87b91a3-75f7-43f9-b239-04e7577fa57e_text.gif

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Shesterkin was in a similar situation early last season. I don't recall if gave him any hard time then but I know you're typically tough on goalies, and if so - it's a good time to apologize lol.

He was pretty lousy to start last season. By his own admission

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Stone97Ace

Oct 30, 2023
All the Lafreniere haters are now like:

UCkSUiN.jpg
Only way that pic will go over well on a sign/t-shirt/back of jersey is if I have 2 smoking girls with me in the pic/shot. Otherwise it may derail Laf and prob our season. Laffy says hard pass

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I wish I was good with technology. At around 1:20 or so left in the 3rd period, Gustafsson made this just insane stop at the blue-line to keep the puck in and then made this insane elevated pass to Zibs.

It didn't lead in a goal, but it was just an utterly unreal sequence of events to see. Like, that was vintage Erik Karlsson level skill, there. What a f***ing sequence for him even if it didn't end in a goal.

Really like bringing him in. He's been a great find for us and I really hope we can re-sign him.

- - - - - - -

On another note, I would have titled this thread "Windbreaker."

Missed opportunity.
Sure it wasn’t in the OT around the same time left when Kreider mishandled the puck shortly after?

Overall Gustafsson has been exceeding everything - expectations, contribution over AAV, 3rd pair D “standard” etc.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
To me, the 3 on 3 novelty has worn off.
The NHL noticed

#NHL’s Colin Campbell says GMs discussed the idea of changing rule to limit teams from continually looping back and regrouping in 3-on-3 OT. Potential solutions: Once you cross red or blue line, can’t go back out again. Or a shot clock. Discussions ongoing, tabled to March.

The constant regroups are annoying. Hopefully, the NHL GM's will vote for those changes.

Last edited:

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
The NHL noticed

#NHL’s Colin Campbell says GMs discussed the idea of changing rule to limit teams from continually looping back and regrouping in 3-on-3 OT. Potential solutions: Once you cross red or blue line, can’t go back out again. Or a shot clock. Discussions ongoing, tabled to March.

The constant regroups are annoying. Hopefully, the NHL GM's was vote for those changes.
Thanks for the info.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Sure it wasn’t in the OT around the same time left when Kreider mishandled the puck shortly after?

Overall Gustafsson has been exceeding everything - expectations, contribution over AAV, 3rd pair D “standard” etc.

Nope. I was watching the encore live when I posted that so it was not yet in OT yet.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Nope. I was watching the encore live when I posted that so it was not yet in OT yet.
Yeah, I went back and double check the point during the game you mentioned. But he did do it again in OT which now makes it a tactical approach rather than just an execution of a play (which would be a skill rather than a tactic in this comparison).

To expand on it a bit - It's Gustaffson's tactic that starts when he is skating back making it look like he's regrouping / allowing for a line change for his teammates. This look lulls opponents' attention (but not Gustaffson's) just long enough to lose Rangers skaters they need to cover and allowing Gustaffson to find a seam to execute a pass. It works (at least twice lol) because most players in this position are comfortable just letting the skater changes taking place and not actively looking for opportunities in these situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad