Post-Game Talk: Jacket

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Goalies don't usually anticipate that move because it's just so damn difficult to pull off, as well. It's a quick twitch motion, hard to telegraph, that could just as easily be a simple fake back to the forehand. Raise your glove too early, you'll make it more difficult to get a low center of gravity needed for a push to the post.

But you could see how confidence effected Laf's game. He took more risks, and acted more decisively. Panarin has been a lot more committal with his decisions of late too- he seems to be hesitating less and just making the choice come what may.

Kakko could take notes. He's become too risk averse and is keeping possession for possessions sake instead of once in a while trying to make a risky play.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Could've easily voted for Quick... he was good tonight... especially in the SO

Cuylle continues to look awesome.

Gus was quite good also

The reffing... whew. Shitty as hell. I mean that league wide also... in favor of us at times (not in this game).

I mean the Trouba penalty???? The non goal that was clearly a goal.

Not sure I've ever heard Sam call out the reffing so vehemently. That in & of itself tells you just how GODAWFUL they were.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Heard Mackey got sent back to Hartford again. I'm sure that's salary cap related but wondering if they would do that if Lindgren was going to be out on Saturday.
Listened to Lavi's PC and he mentioned something that I brought up in the game thread. Lindgren and that guy who injured him had a few run inside earlier in the game. Lavi thinks the guy targeted Lindgren with his elbow because of those earlier incidents.

Reactions: egelband

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Garden faithful needs to start chanting Cuylle's name after these punishing hits like they did for Avery, Dubi, and Cally. The fact that he put Seider on his ass against Detroit shows how much of a horse he is. Hopefully the suits recognize this kid will be a fan favorite soon.

Not sure how many people saw that because it was on the edge of the screen as play was moving.
That was a statement hit. So glorious.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Right after they show highlights of the Moose Jaw Moose and the Ottawa Mousquetaires in the National Curling League
In all honesty you are right on . I missed the 3rd period and the fun and I have watched the Canuck sports channel off and on all day and have yet to see any Ranger highlights ......but there is lots of curling and tennis . If it is not the Leaf or Habs.....it is not worthy .

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
As for Chytil, should that be a cause for concern? Suspected concussion and if he's still off skates for this long, then he might be having post-event symptoms and issues.

I always liked Chytil but have long come to terms that he's made of glass. I really wish it wasn't the case because I really enjoy how he plays. I'm always on eggshells when any player comes near him.

Some of Sam's Chytil calls engrained in my head like "no more 1940..."

- Chytil is slow to get up
- Chytil laboring to the bench
- Chytil is down, not sure what happened, did you see it Joe?
- Joe, it looks like Chytil is in some discomfort on the bench
- Chytil looks shookin up, Joe.
- Chytil has gone to the dressing room
- Just received word that Chytil will not return tonight, Joe.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I don't think I'm alone. I hope this is the only hiccup he has this season.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Heard Mackey got sent back to Hartford again. I'm sure that's salary cap related but wondering if they would do that if Lindgren was going to be out on Saturday.
The cap definitely plays a part in the decision.....there's also the fact that Hartford has a few games between now and Saturday and he can get some action in.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
To be fair, one of them is finally showing up. The other one looks even worse, so all these veiled shots at Gallant are kinda pointless. Gallant had issues, but our record is covering up a lot of the same warts we had last year.
There are many that won't agree with your statement . We shall see how it all plays out after the playoffs are over . Gallant never had a motivated Panarin and or Quick and Gustafsson and also Cuylee......they have helped Lavi . Despite being a Gallant supporter I was not unhappy with the coaching change either . I thought we were out maneuvered by the Devils and also that Drury kind of undermined him at the deadline did not help either . Hopefully we do not trade for merchandise seller type guys at the deadline and get some good old fashioned meat and potato types for playoff grinding . Until then.... GO LAVI !

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
let me tell you cats something. this Gustaffson kid is a f***ing top 4 stud!! not only is he our best D on offense with Fox out, but he literally created that Kreider goal himself with great D and with a no look pass to an open net. his chemistry is remarkable.

my 2 most pleasant surprises based on position:

F- Panarin- took it up a level to Hart Trophy type hockey.
D- Erik G by far impresses me every game.
G- Quick is not cooked yet!

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
let me tell you cats something. this Gustaffson kid is a f***ing top 4 stud!! not only is he our best D on offense with Fox out, but he literally created that Kreider goal himself with great D and with a no look pass to an open net. his chemistry is remarkable.

my 2 most pleasant surprises based on position:

F- Panarin- took it up a level to Hart Trophy type hockey.
D- Erik G by far impresses me every game.
G- Quick is not cooked yet!

For F it has to be Lafreniere.

He is the only story right now.

Happy to eat a big ole crow pie on that.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
To be fair, one of them is finally showing up. The other one looks even worse, so all these veiled shots at Gallant are kinda pointless. Gallant had issues, but our record is covering up a lot of the same warts we had last year.
I said the same thing, except I didn’t even mention Gallant- just that Laf had chances with the big boys previously and looked completely out of place but looks great now having put in the work it seems to me.

I was called a Gallant bootlicker or something like that lol

Reactions: Boris Zubov

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I missed the game last night and have been watching the encore this morning.

Just got to the waived off goal.

What

in

the

absolute

mother

of

f***?

I've never seen a worse overturn than that.
Add all kick-in goal / no-goal decisions that continue to go against the Rangers (remember from earlier this season). It's not a conspiracy - Rangers don't get any decisions out of Toronto. Statistically it is impossible to be so lopsided against.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Having an infant my self you are a shell until that kid hits 4 month’s minimum
Shesterkin was in a similar situation early last season. I don't recall if gave him any hard time then but I know you're typically tough on goalies, and if so - it's a good time to apologize lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad