Recalled/Assigned: Jack Roslovic signs ELC [now recalled 04/02/2017]

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
My only worry about London is that every team is going to be their punching bag for 95% of games with a ridiculously stacked team. Not sure he will learn a lot during 6-1 blowouts

The team was basically a one line team last year. Marner - Dvorak - Tkachuk was ****ing magical, and at least 2 of those players will be gone next season. They won't be curb stomping like they did last year, and will have to rely on their depth a little more. I don't think it's a bad idea for Roslovic to go to London and develop his center game against his own age group instead of attempting to adjust against players who are on average much older than NCAA players.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Nice to see him signed

I am going to say it is 99 percent he is playing in London next year. The Jets can afford to wait and I think they love the idea of him playing center and dominating in a league that churns out top NHL centers(fyi the Jets currently got 2 pretty centers from that league)

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Completely agree, buggs. With our forward depth, we have the luxury of developing our young prospects with some time before they hit the big league. Also, I agree this is a big season for Lowry and Burmi - they've both earned a chance to show us what they can bring.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Completely agree, buggs. With our forward depth, we have the luxury of developing our young prospects with some time before they hit the big league. Also, I agree this is a big season for Lowry and Burmi - they've both earned a chance to show us what they can bring.

I think Lowry will have a bounce back year.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Nice to see him signed

I am going to say it is 99 percent he is playing in London next year. The Jets can afford to wait and I think they love the idea of him playing center and dominating in a league that churns out top NHL centers(fyi the Jets currently got 2 pretty centers from that league)

Starting to think that TSNE wants to get the Moose to a competitive level, sooner than later. Signing some depth players like Matthias makes me believe they want to almost force some of our prospects on to the Moose, and have them play their way up to the Jets.

It won't surprise me to see Jack on the Moose next season.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
That trade with Buffalo looks better and better...Love Evander! ;)

Because of his age is Roslovic even eligible to play for the Moose or just the Jets or Knights?

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
He wont get the same kind of ice time with the Moose as he would with the Knights and while they should be better the Moose are still gonna have a bit of a tire-fire defense corps.. Let him get used to the expanded game play schedule as one of the go to guys on a strong team.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Can he play for moose and later get relagated to london?

I think once he surpasses 9 pro games (Jets or Moose), he is ineligible for junior hockey?

Its a bit of an unique case, as he kinda falls between the cracks of the CHL and NCAA restrictions that exist between the NHL and those leagues.

I think training camp will decide were Jack spends next season. If he plays like he did in development camp, he may very well be ready to play in the AHL next season on our top 2 lines.

He looked good enough to challenge for a spot with the Jets, I believe he may well be suited for the pro game next season, and forgo playing with the Knights.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think once he surpasses 9 pro games (Jets or Moose), he is ineligible for junior hockey?

Its a bit of an unique case, as he kinda falls between the cracks of the CHL and NCAA restrictions that exist between the NHL and those leagues.

I think training camp will decide were Jack spends next season. If he plays like he did in development camp, he may very well be ready to play in the AHL next season on our top 2 lines.

He looked good enough to challenge for a spot with the Jets, I believe he may well be suited for the pro game next season, and forgo playing with the Knights.

There is no rule like that. Draisaitl played more than 40 NHL games before being sent back to junior. Sprong played more than 10 last season.

I doubt he goes anywhere but London.

bluuuurr

Apr 14, 2013
Germany
Is a year in the OHL really better than a year in the NCAA though? Sure he will play more games, but he'll also be a lot older and more developed than some of the competition. I hope he makes the Moose at the least.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Can't imagine Roslovic playing anywhere but the Knights next year. Better that he dominate in an area where most of the competition he's facing will be playing a similar game to the AHL/NHL style. Then when he's got a year of CHL under his belt he can come up and be yet another guy challenging to make the team next year.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Really excited about this signing. I knew the Jets would ink him after that DC showing. Just makes sense to cut out Miami as an option. Kid will be better off for it I think. He's going to kill it in London. Might have to watch every game if I can this season.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Is a year in the OHL really better than a year in the NCAA though? Sure he will play more games, but he'll also be a lot older and more developed than some of the competition. I hope he makes the Moose at the least.

A year playing #1 center for London is a lot better for his development than playing wing on a terrible Miami team

bluuuurr

Apr 14, 2013
Germany
A year playing #1 center for London is a lot better for his development than playing wing on a terrible Miami team

You missed the point of the argument, he is going from playing against mostly 19-24 year olds to playing against teams with only a handful of players over the age of 18.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Awesome. He's definitely going to be a player to watch. I hope he gets at least a tryout with the Moose. I'd prefer him to play in the AHL over the CHL as the CHL is a step down in competition from college hockey. Heck, I'd probably rather see Roslovic in the ECHL rather than the CHL.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
You missed the point of the argument, he is going from playing against mostly 19-24 year olds to playing against teams with only a handful of players over the age of 18.

No I didn't, that was factored into my post. He's far better off playing a bunch of games as London's #1 center against 18 year olds than playing 30 games as a top 6 winger in a small time NCAA program, even if he is playing against older players. Regardless, the choice now is between OHL and AHL, both of which will likely be better for Roslovic's development than Miami University

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad