Recalled/Assigned: Jack Roslovic signs ELC [now recalled 04/02/2017]

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I wonder if Tkachuk goes back to London, though. He might make a relatively thin forward group on the Flames.

Well, relatively thin compared to the Jets, who now have 7 players to fight over 4 slots in the bottom 6. I think that if Hunter wants Tkachuk back in London, he'll find a way to make it happen. The Flames only really lost one good depth forward to FA (Jooris), and they may look to Jankowski to fill that spot.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
If Tkachuk goes back to London, I hope Jack plays with him on their top line. Preferrably C. Without Marner and Dvorak, London will be looking for Jack's offence and he'll have a large offensive role with that team.

If Tkachuk isn't in London, I'd rather Jack was with the Moose, and given an expanding role as the season progresses.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Great news! This kid looks like the real deal. I would rather see him play for the Moose. After a year of college I think he would benefit more from continuing to play again grown men, then start facing younger competition.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
give him 9 games to determine if he plays with Moose or OHL

I doubt he gets 9 games with the Jets. They are much too deep at F to have him hanging around. I think it's most likely London, but I think he might be ready for the Moose this year. I expect that they will have already more or less decided that before training camp, but perhaps he can change minds with a fantastic camp that encourages them to start him with the Moose.

Personally, I think he'll go to London to play C and have a terrific season in the OHL.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Go to London, play C for a full year with Tkachuk + whoever. Dominate.

If he goes to the AHL will he get top 9 ice time as a C?

Of course. You wouldn't send him to the AHL only for him to play 4th line/press box minutes. I truly think its London all the way though, I would be very surprised if he didn't go there.

I heard Tulsa as a potential landing spot :sarcasm:

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I certainly hope that one of the driving reasons for doing this was to get him developing as a center. Would be a really nice way to balance things a bit more with all the other wingers we have coming in.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Excellent news.

Assuming he goes to London l, I have very high expectations for him there. He should dominate.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I doubt he gets 9 games with the Jets. They are much too deep at F to have him hanging around. I think it's most likely London, but I think he might be ready for the Moose this year. I expect that they will have already more or less decided that before training camp, but perhaps he can change minds with a fantastic camp that encourages them to start him with the Moose.

Personally, I think he'll go to London to play C and have a terrific season in the OHL.

I am assuming after playing with 18 to 22 year olds in college the OHL will be a step down in many ways. Can't think of many other first rounders that went from college to CHL.

Perhaps, he goes to Zurich at a 19 year old ala his old linemate?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I don't think it makes sense for his elc to start this year.

Well he's only 19 so it will slide.

Also, Really excited for this news! I think that AHL or the Knights will be a big opportunity for Jacky to show what he's got on a bigger stage. As others have stated, I'm happy that he will be easier to follow now.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Agree. Unless he's lights out for Jets. It's gonna be London. Why waste a year of his contract by playing for the Moose

The contract would still slide if he played for the Moose. To not slide, he has to play 10 NHL games.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I certainly hope that one of the driving reasons for doing this was to get him developing as a center. Would be a really nice way to balance things a bit more with all the other wingers we have coming in.

I completely agree with this. Although it was a small sample size, I was really impressed with how he played at the Development Camp as a center. He looks like he already has the smarts and skills to be a very good C. He was effective in his own zone, drove the play out of the zone and in the offensive zone, and was very strong defensively. He actually reminded me a lot of Little in terms of his quickness and smarts. I won't be surprised if he has a very big season in the OHL at C.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I am assuming after playing with 18 to 22 year olds in college the OHL will be a step down in many ways. Can't think of many other first rounders that went from college to CHL.

Perhaps, he goes to Zurich at a 19 year old ala his old linemate?

In my view, he was a level or two above Spacek at development camp. He was at the level of players like Connor and Lemieux, and was more effective than Lodge. Maybe he needs to gain strength next year while playing at the CHL level, but I wouldn't be shocked if he made the Moose a la Sonny Milano.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
I think he might be relatively talented enough, but starting a roster loaded with rookies is asking for another low finish. Sprinkling a couple of young guys that aren't fully physically developed yet is fine, but too many won't work out well. The Jets will be remarkably young as it is so unless this kid outshines Laine (to that degree anyway) I think the Jets plethora of riches and anti-Thrashers approach to youngsters will have Roslovic playing in London for the year. Next year I think will be a different story.
I mean I agree in theory, but when those vets include thorburn, peluso, Lowry and burmi, I say **** em. Let's go young.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Excellent news.

Assuming he goes to London l, I have very high expectations for him there. He should dominate.

My only worry about London is that every team is going to be their punching bag for 95% of games with a ridiculously stacked team. Not sure he will learn a lot during 6-1 blowouts

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I mean I agree in theory, but when those vets include thorburn, peluso, Lowry and burmi, I say **** em. Let's go young.

I'm not stating my opinion, I'm only suggesting what I think will happen. You can't deny the seeming love from the coaching staff for Peluso, Thorburn and Stuart and the "locker room quotient" they apparently bring.

As for Lowry and Burmistrov I'm unwilling to throw them out just yet. Lowry just signed for cheap and will hopefully regain some of the form he had the season prior where many here were concerned with what his contract might cost. Obviously his sophomore slump dropped his value substantially but I'm uncertain which version will be the real Lowry - rookie or sophomore season? And do you want Roslovic slogging away on the 4th line, the likely destination for Lowry this year, at least to start?

Burmi certainly didn't do himself any favors this past season either. I think he picked it up and played reasonably well when he was getting matched up with Armia/Dano. He only has one year left and he'll either end up traded, put on waivers or simply not renewed if he doesn't perform as a quality third liner this season.

My personal view on it is that Rosolovic is better served playing for a year in the minor ranks, be it Moose or Knights, to allow his body to grow a bit more. Let's remember who he was competing against when he renewed our hype for him (not that he ever really had much after Connor fell in our lap - most thought he was a reach) - those weren't seasoned NHL players of size and skill. Great that he stood out, it shows promise, as most of those guys won't have lengthy NHL careers. I'm excited by him but I have no interest in hurrying him along to play in the NHL before we actually need him to be there. Why "Burmi" him (to an extent) when we have the forward depth we do?

Morrissey, Connor, Laine will all be young(ish) and rookies (NHL-wise) this year. I think based on possession numbers combined with less penalties and improved special teams this is a playoff team. But I'd far prefer to build with patience, mimicking the Detroit approach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad