Recalled/Assigned: Jack Roslovic recalled (Dec 30, 2017)

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
They will still call up another player for the road trip won't they?
Lemieux or Appleton? Petan?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Not necessarily, Maurice said Buff would be ready in the next 5 days so once they take him off IR he could take the #23 roster spot and they wouldn't have to immediately send Poolman down. This would make sense if they thought Buff might be ready for Tuesday's game in Colorado.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
iu01KP8AGC.jpg

Wishing Jack the very best, Roslovic has the greatest possible NHL future ahead of him getting to play with Chevy's team...

Another example of How Lucky it is to be drafted and be part of TNSE and The Winnipeg Jets.

Go :jetsGo

Last edited by a moderator:

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

We actually don't usually carry more than one fwd and one dman unless we're forced into it by waiver status. It's better to have guys playing than sitting.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Haven't we had 2 forwards in the press box all season?
If Buff comes back Poolman will sit in press box and Mel will go to the Moose.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Jack has performed really well over these two games. He hasn't looked out of place at all, if anything he's looked really good.

I'd like to see him moved up the lineup if we get a chance to do that safely in a game, while he's still here.

I think someone said that we would have to waive someone when Tanev comes off IR, so Jack would have to prove to be pretty darn good to stay up. But I think he could make that case for himself.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Jack has performed really well over these two games. He hasn't looked out of place at all, if anything he's looked really good.

I'd like to see him moved up the lineup if we get a chance to do that safely in a game, while he's still here.

I think someone said that we would have to waive someone when Tanev comes off IR, so Jack would have to prove to be pretty darn good to stay up. But I think he could make that case for himself.

No one will be waived. We are carrying 25 on the roster a the moment counting the injured Scheifele & Tanev.

Once Tanev is ready, Lemieux can return to the Moose. He's not eligible for waivers.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No one will be waived. We are carrying 25 on the roster a the moment counting the injured Scheifele & Tanev.

Once Tanev is ready, Lemieux can return to the Moose. He's not eligible for waivers.

That's the point. When healthy there is no room for Lemieux and Roslovic without waiving somebody - so they will go back down.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Bumping this one up as I think it's relevant with the discussions surrounding Statsny and Little that are ongoing.

There are far better hockey minds on here than me (thank goodness or I wouldn't visit the board) so I want to pose a question. Will Jack Roslovic be a center in the NHL?

Watching how he's been used thus far into the season he's been clearly designated for this season as a winger. Will that be the case going forward. It seems relevant to both the Little and Statsny re-signing discussions. If he's a winger then we have a de facto shortage in the center department moving forward. Clearly Bambi is our number one of the future. I'm not as down on Little as many but I have always thought that he'd play 2nd line for about two years of his extension before drifting downward to the 3rd line and potentially to a Kesler like role. Lowry was our 3rd though I think we'd all be ecstatic if he was our 4th line center. I don't see Lowry as having true 2nd line upside as he's much more suited to a power checking role in my mind. His scoring isn't bad but his hands are far from stellar. Copp is likely our 4C moving forward.

So where in the center hierarchy does Roslovic fit, if at all? Is he brought in next year as a 3C with Lowry and Copp playing 4th line? Or is he now an NHL winger moving forward?

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I sure hope they keep him at center. He’s incredibly skilled. More tenacious than I would have expected as well.
He’s been a center all his career and needs to stay in that position.
I think he has 2nd line center written all over him.

Reactions: GNP

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
They should try him at Center for a couple of games.this year.
But if Stastny resigns. Overload of center, which is good.
Roslovic will need to break the door down.

I think he needs a couple of games in the PB.

Jets can roll in the right side

Wheeler
LaIne/Ehler
Armia
Tanev

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Maurice in an interview last week:
  1. Roslovic will stay on the wing for a couple years.
  2. Eventually an injury may force them to try him at centre.
  3. He'll stay there if he does well.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
To me Jack Roslovic is the biggest wild card of the Jets this season. I can see him becoming a key player for the Jets. Really impressed by him last season with the late call up.

I hope Maurice is true to word in perhaps trying him at Center. He could be the replacement to Statsny the Jets are looking for.

Reactions: ps241

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
We shouldn’t expect too much from Roslovic. He’s still a very young player learning the NHL game. I would rather he works on being a solid #3 C this year, flanked by Perreault and Dano maybe.

Easier match ups. Quality wingers, some 2nd unit pp time and maybe some pk time. He’s a solid 2-way player that will take some time to gain confidence to ultimately contribute like he can.

If he’s a good #2 C in a couple of years, that’s fine with me.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
To me Jack Roslovic is the biggest wild card of the Jets this season. I can see him becoming a key player for the Jets. Really impressed by him last season with the late call up.

I hope Maurice is true to word in perhaps trying him at Center. He could be the replacement to Statsny the Jets are looking for.

Roslovic has so many tools but what impressed/surprised me the most last season was his ability to play along the boards and come away with the puck. That is huge for a young player who is not overly big. With his speed and hands, I am very excited to see how his game progresses as well.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Roslovic has so many tools but what impressed/surprised me the most last season was his ability to play along the boards and come away with the puck. That is huge for a young player who is not overly big. With his speed and hands, I am very excited to see how his game progresses as well.

Jack's versatility is an asset. I liked how he started to look when he started getting more comfortable of playing at the highest level. He makes things happen when he is out there. Smart player, got some urgency in his game. I can easily see him being a 60 pt winger/Center one day if he is given the opportunity. Jets have a good one here. Same draft as Connor one of my favourite players drafted from the 2015 draft.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Running Roslo as a 3rd C will be good.

Together with

Cant make play back to back 60 points player #27
And 9th best forward #29

:)

In truth
Thats actually 2A offense (shielded)
2B using little line Perrault Little Petan/Dano

COPP LOWRY TANEV 4th line

and that nobody 1st line of
Connor Schiefele Wheeler

Thats not bad 13 forwards

Lemiuex
Appleton
Vesalainen
Spacek as call up
Though i hope Jets do not have to recall 2or more of the 4 at any given time. It means there are some injuries.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I have said it before, Roslovic reminds me of a better version of Little.
I'd be more than happy if he brings what Little has to the team.
754 games and 475 points is nothing to sneeze at. Not to mention he was the 1C for how many years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad