Player Discussion Jack Quinn, RW (8th overall, 2020): Named AHL Rookie of the Year

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
It seems odd to go from injury -> surgery -> no team practice -> then 8 weeks later we wake up and he is 100% participant and playing in a game within 24 hours.

Normally you would see a more measured approach, building through multiple practices to 100%.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It seems odd to go from injury -> surgery -> no team practice -> then 8 weeks later we wake up and he is 100% participant and playing in a game within 24 hours. We have seen a lot of injuries in a lot of sports and surgery/8 weeks away from practicing to then suddenly 100% go at practice with no on ramp and playing live within 24 hours is not the standard for any of them.*

*unless teams are fighting for a championship.

I think he's probably been on the ice with the dev/training staff while they were on the road. I doubt they would put him in with only one day on the ice. Even they aren't that inept.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
From what I have “heard” the surgery was not a reconstruction but rather a pin to assure the bone healed in the right place. Once the calcification happened they removed the pins. 8 weeks is about right for that type of procedure based on his health and age. Fwiw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad