Jack Hughes vs Kaapo Kakko

Hughes or Kakko

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

monkaS

Apr 12, 2019
NA people have no idea. Kakko being called a sniper is faaaar from the truth yet every NA dude is calling him that. Shows that they are in fact they most biased people out there...
what i've read kakko is like according to NA media & posters

6'5 200 pounds behemoth for an 18 year old
slow
fast
a sniper like patrik laine (???)
but his game is also comparable to Barkov (????)
great 200 foot game
weak defensively

turns out he's like 5 different players

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
I am quite astonished that scouts don't seem to put much weight on the fact that Hughes has played zero games versus adults. I know, Kane and Gaudreau are doing great despite their size, but shouldn't this at least be a slight concern?

Don't get me wrong: I don't think Kakko is superior to him. In fact, I don't even have an opinion yet, because that said fact makes them impossible to compare in my eyes. I sincerely hope that both of them will play in the WHC so I can cast my vote on the poll.

monkaS

Apr 12, 2019
I am quite astonished that scouts don't seem to put much weight on the fact that Hughes has played zero games versus adults. I know, Kane and Gaudreau are doing great despite their size, but shouldn't this at least be a slight concern?

Don't get me wrong: I don't think Kakko is superior to him. In fact, I don't even have an opinion yet, because that said fact makes them impossible to compare in my eyes. I sincerely hope that both of them will play in the WHC so I can cast my vote on the poll.
most NA players play 0 games against "adults" before entering the NHL...nonfactor.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

monkaS

Apr 12, 2019
Watch a lot of USNTDP do you?
most of those junior games are extremely low quality games with super sloppy defense and players playing only for themselves. coaching is non-existent and it's just breakaway after breakaway and giveaway after giveaway. very sloppy and selfish hockey.

that being said, with these skilled kiddos i dont think it matters much where they play. when ur good ur good.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
most of those junior games are extremely low quality games with super sloppy defense and players playing only for themselves. coaching is non-existent and it's just breakaway after breakaway and giveaway after giveaway. very sloppy and selfish hockey.

that being said, with these skilled kiddos i dont think it matters much where they play. when ur good ur good.
It's pretty relevant when someone won't stop whining about everyone else being "uneducated".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad