Value of: Jack Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
lol at all the "good established player plus top prospect plus 1st rounder" proposals. Eichel wouldn't be traded for anything less than a combination of several elite assets (think top pair dman + young top line forward + elite prospect + high 1st rounder). He is never ever going to be traded and that's exactly how it should be, he's what every Sabres fan has been waiting for the last couple of decades.

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
Just reading some of the proposals in this thread makes me smile that buffalo finished last and were guaranteed Eichel. Arizona is sitting with Dylan strome right now instead...may be a good player but worth no where close to Eichel. Heck even Marner is worth more than strome. I know it'd be agonizing for me if buffalo ended up third and had to watch mcdavid and Eichel tear it up

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
lol at all the "good established player plus top prospect plus 1st rounder" proposals. Eichel wouldn't be traded for anything less than a combination of several elite assets (think top pair dman + young top line forward + elite prospect + high 1st rounder). He is never ever going to be traded and that's exactly how it should be, he's what every Sabres fan has been waiting for the last couple of decades.

This is basically it.

If we're talking about a fantasy proposal there are very few teams who could do it, Edmonton are the only ones who jump out. Using your base it would look something like Draisaitl, Larsson, Puljujarvi & a 1st. Maybe a bit less if they took our bad contracts back?

They would be stupid to offer this honestly but that is what it would take to have 97 & 15 on the same team.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Wait what is the point of this thread?

Sabres fans need a place to let out their frustrations on people?

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Really solid insight...

What's the point when we can just start assigning random numbers to players? :laugh:

I'll try. Galchenyuk playing with McDavid would have scored 70pts in 82 games. Draisatl playing with the bums in Montreal would hae only scored around 55pts. Therefore they're about equal and Edmonton absolutely should accept a straight trade of these two.

Something like that?

Last edited:

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
If Buffalo is smart Eichel will not be traded for at least 15 years.

He is what every team dreams of getting when going for a rebuild.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
While true, that's not the premise of the thread.

True, because the premise of the thread is completely absurd. Might as well have a thread asking what it would take for Edmonton to move McDavid or Toronto to move Matthews.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
True, because the premise of the thread is completely absurd. Might as well have a thread asking what it would take for Edmonton to move McDavid or Toronto to move Matthews.

While those types of threads are kinda fruitless we know anyone can be traded, albeit some are highly unlikely.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Obviously Eichel is not being traded under pretty much any circumstance (not sure Buffalo,would trade him even if for some reason he demanded it).

But having said that, there were actually some pretty decent offers scattered through out this thread, and I appreciate the people who actually made those good offers. It was interesting to read what other teams value Eichel at.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Not enough going to Toronto

They are pretty comparable and equal in value if I take my bias off. I think Matthews edges out Eichel in the long run. Both very good and certainly a tier down from McDavid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad