Jack Eichel Point Projection

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
If he's going to play with skilled linemates instead of getting 'eased in' on the 3rd line or something, I can definitely see him getting 65+ points even on a below average team. Especially if he anchors the 1st PP unit, gets plenty of icetime, etc.

Considering everything (ROR probably is going to be the 1st line center, at least initially), low 50s would be a bit more realistic.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Why bring up Forsberg when he was playing in his second post draft year?
He was still a rookie this past year, he played 9 games in his first season. Last season was his first full season. It's not like he had tons of experience.

RocSabres

Jul 21, 2014
I know a lot of you guys don't want to place huge expectations on Eichel as a rookie, especially on a team coming off the type of season we just had. But Mackinnon did have 63 points his rookie season as the youngest player in the league. I have similar expectations for Eichel and figure a reasonable goal with reasonable expectations would be 65 points. Mackinnon coming into the NHL was not categorized as a generational talent like Eichel, he was considered a future franchise center man. There's a difference between franchise player and generational talent and that's why I feel Eichel should score at least 65 points his rookie season.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
If league scoring opens up, he could score 70. Expecting 60's though. I think he'll play the first ~third of the season at .5ppg, but that will accelerate.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I predict around 40. Bylsma will likely make him earn his job respect mah senority authoritarian bull, so he'll start the first month or two with scrubs. And scoring is tough today anyway, especially with this still fairly garbage team.

But, I voted under 30 to be brave.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
40 points is far too low for Eichel. He's a generational type prospect and the Sabres are giving him top end talent to play with. Guys like Huberdeau and Zibenejad were scoring at 40+ point paces as rookies with far less talent with them. Eichel is a lock for 50+. And Eichel is turning 19 not even a month into his rookie season and is already strong and physically developed. He won't have a big learning curve at all. If anything Eichel is one of the most NHL ready prospect in years.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I predict around 40. Bylsma will likely make him earn his job respect mah senority authoritarian bull, so he'll start the first month or two with scrubs. And scoring is tough today anyway, especially with this still fairly garbage team.

But, I voted under 30 to be brave.
thats not being brave and that means we didn't get a generational player. Even Stamkos struggling in his first season had more points.

Generational Player comes into a team and makes an impact by making people around him better. If he's generational and playing on the 3rd line, he should make those 3rd liners look like 2nd liners.

scottondev

Mar 20, 2015
Judging on the World Championships he's gonna be at the very least a 50 pt player this season. It took a while for jack to get comfy in the WC tourney.

I don't know if Eichel scored the 1st 2 or 3 games in the tourney, but after he got his 1st assist, the points kept coming. 7 pts in 10 is really good for the youngest player on the youngest team in the tournament for a pro hockey tournament.

If he hits 65+ i wouldn't be surprised, he just adapts so well to situations.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
With 23 games left and Eichel on a tear over his last 25 games thought it would be a good time to check on our predictions. Currently on pace for 56 points but has been a PPG these last 25 games or so. Would like to see him hit my prediction of 61 but I have my fingers crossed he goes on an absolute tear and gets in the high 60s.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
23 games left. He's at 41. I say he ends up at 70.

Been a PPG for the last 3 months...looks confident as all hell and after the next week the schedule is cake.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Voted 60-69 at the beginning of the year. If he maintains the pace he's been putting up since December, I'll be right on the money. I also wouldn't be upset if he went on a real hot streak and overshot by a little. :D

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I put him in the 60s and said a healthy mcdavid would be top 10 in league scoring, winning the calder.

I think those were both about on. In fact, I think we missed out on just how good mcdavid was.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I just wanted to bump this now that we are in the last month or so of the season. See who was the most accurate, the most disappointed, and who may have changed their minds now that you've seen Jack play a lot in the NHL.

He currently sits at 44 points.

He's developing nicely. For me, he's already met expectations. Anything more is icing on the cake. :thumb:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad