News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Colorado would be a good fit Mackinnon and Eichel down the middle would be a great 1-2 punch down the middle

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I'd start an offer around Marner. Yes, I know, not a center. But no team is going to offer you a franchise center for an unhappy franchise center. What would be the incentive? With Marner you'd get a franchise winger, and probably the best player you'd be offered. The best option would likely be a bunch of picks and prospects. With how the Sabres operate, maybe that's not the best option.
We can't be paying our 3rd line center 10 million a year.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Newhook + Byram + 2021 1st + 2022 2nd + Jost

or

Newhook + Byram + Kadri
NO

Newhook Byram Kadri Graves 1st for eichel

Oloffson-Reinhart-Cozens
Skinner-Kadri-Girgenson
Asplund-Mittlestadt-Routosalien

Dahlin-Borgen
Graves-Ristolanien
Byrams-Jokiharju

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Newhook + Byram + 2021 1st + 2022 2nd + Jost

or

Newhook + Byram + Kadri

I'd do that first one. It'd have to include cap dumps going to Buffalo though. The Avs probably wouldn't do it. They don't need to change anything with their team and they would run into cap problems when they have to pay Mack a real contract.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I'd start an offer around Marner. Yes, I know, not a center. But no team is going to offer you a franchise center for an unhappy franchise center. What would be the incentive? With Marner you'd get a franchise winger, and probably the best player you'd be offered. The best option would likely be a bunch of picks and prospects. With how the Sabres operate, maybe that's not the best option.

Not that it really matters or would happen, but if Chicago offered Dach + Debrincat for Eichel, I would definitely have to sleep on it overnight before I’d say yes or no.

Neither are franchise players, but both young enough to fit the core and/or be a huge part of the new core.

Assuming both Rhino and Risto also get traded.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Depends what type of 1st line winger. I know NYR fans don't want to sell the farm, but if we're talking 1st line winger in production - Well, we would easily fork over Buchnevich in any package deal, and I'm sure other teams would offer similar 1st line wingers. If we're talking 1st line winger like Stone or Huberdeau, then you're right, it doesn't happen. It would really depend on what type of 1st line winger they're looking for. 1st line by production or 1st line as a player who can carry that line and be elite.

(And no - I wasn't saying Buchnevich can get Eichel...)

I have no problem with Buchnevich being part of an Eichel return. I like the guy and he seems to be an annoying prick to play against. He’s just closer to being the cap dump part of the return than the main part of the return.

And that’s not a knock on Buchnevich, before Bern comes and tells me I’m wrong.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Impossible and obviously never gonna happen why not flip Eichel and McDavid

Both players get new beginnings provide Eichel passed the medical.
McDavid and a cap dump
for
Eichel, and some other pieces (not named Dahlin or Cozens)
anyone and everyone else could be put into the deal.
I know, Connor isn't getting moved but both players have to be frustrated. One admits it and the other is a model of professionalism.

or how about a more realistic trade proposal?

extended RNH+Broberg+ EDM 1st 2021
For Eichel
Nuge comes awfully close to matching Eichels career high, while providing veteran leadership. Buffalo also gets a 1st and a premiere young defender.
Oilers add another line driver for the second line
Drai McDavid Pulju
Holloway Eichel Yamamoto

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
or how about a more realistic trade proposal?

extended RNH+Broberg+ EDM 1st 2021
For Eichel
Nuge comes awfully close to matching Eichels career high, while providing veteran leadership. Buffalo also gets a 1st and a premiere young defender.
Oilers add another line driver for the second line
Drai McDavid Pulju
Holloway Eichel Yamamoto

RNH is a free agent one game from now.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
He is indeed, that’s why I offered the extension. I get your point though, oilers could not put forth a reasonable offer. I was more commenting on the poster who suggested McDavid for Eichel and suggesting a more realistic option

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I couldn't agree more, he is way overhyped IMO. I'd be surprised if he gets anything close to what some are offering.

Eichel had 36 goals and 42 assists in 68 games during the slightly shorter 19-20 season, where he also finished 8th in Hart voting. In addition, he was often the best player on the ice for both teams.

I can understand teams wanting to make sure he's fully healthy before considering a trade. That only makes sense, but cut the overhyped crap.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Eichel had 36 goals and 42 assists in 68 games during the slightly shorter 19-20 season, where he also finished 8th in Hart voting. In addition, he was often the best player on the ice for both teams.

I can understand teams wanting to make sure he's fully healthy before considering a trade. That only makes sense, but cut the overhyped crap.
in 6 seasons he scored more than 30 once and now he is injured. Talk about overhyped.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
To Buff: Horvat, Juolevi, Lind, Virtanen, Roussell, Chatfield, 2022 4th round pick, 2021 6th round pick

To Vancity: Eichel, 2021 3rd round pick

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Los Angeles: David Pastrnak and Urho Vaak
Buffalo: Byfield or Turcotte, Iafallo +
Boston: Eichel ($1 million retained)
Healthy Eichel generates all kinds of discussion with all kinds of teams. But why would Boston trade Pasta for a guy with some sort of neck vertebra injury that doctor’s sound legitimately torn over how to treat?

Unless some team’s doctor gets to do a full evaluation on Eichel and practically guarantees management that he will fully recover, I cannot see Buffalo getting much for Eichel this off season.

If he plays next season and is healthy? Certainly. But before that, unless it’s pennies on the dollar.....holy smokes buyer beware.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Not that i disagree about him getting a bit overhyped on this thread but Marner has also never reached the 30 goal plateau for example
Well if assists are his claim to fame, 38th in the league since his career began. Which is about right where he ranks as far as a top player because all his other stats are worse. 44% faceoff wins, my word one of the worst in the league but I guess that is his teammates fault as well.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Well if assists are his claim to fame, 38th in the league since his career began. Which is about right where he ranks as far as a top player because all his other stats are worse. 44% faceoff wins, my word one of the worst in the league but I guess that is his teammates fault as well.

I know I’m an idiot, but it’s really easier to have good stats playing with shitty players like Auston Matthews, William Nylander, John Tavares compared to NHL all stars Jimmy Vesey, Connor Sheary, and Kyle Okposo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad