News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledge And Dairy

Is it possible Jack Eichel is just a wee bit over-rated, in general?

He averages 77 points per 82 games, which is good if not mind-blowing. He's a minus 69 at even strength. He's a high-volume shooter, I guess, but a 10.5% isn't real great. He (barely) has one 10th-place finish in scoring, and has never been top-10 in points per game.

Obviously, he's a potential star player and an NHL 1st-liner. But I don't see him as a top-10 forward.
He's definitely a top 20 and arguably a top 15 forward but there are a probably 10 forwards in total I would take above him

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

He averages 77 points per 82 games, which is good if not mind-blowing. He's a minus 69 at even strength. He's a high-volume shooter, I guess, but a 10.5% isn't real great. He (barely) has one 10th-place finish in scoring, and has never been top-10 in points per game.

Obviously, he's a potential star player and an NHL 1st-liner. But I don't see him as a top-10 forward.
I stopped reading when you mentioned plus/minus like it means anything and isn't the most garbage stat in all of pro sports.

Reactions: TheNewEra

Cuphead

Jul 16, 2010

minus 69?

Nice

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown

He was one of the most impactful forwards in the 2019-2020 season and a MVP candidate. I don't see why he couldn't become a top 10 player.
UIrEjza.png%22%20alt=%22UIrEjza.png

He plays for Buffalo. Everyone has a bad +/-. ROR had a -40 in his 3 years with the Sabres.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'd start an offer around Marner. Yes, I know, not a center. But no team is going to offer you a franchise center for an unhappy franchise center. What would be the incentive? With Marner you'd get a franchise winger, and probably the best player you'd be offered. The best option would likely be a bunch of picks and prospects. With how the Sabres operate, maybe that's not the best option.

Reactions: bernmeister

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018

THANK YOU. people have been proposing offers as if he is in the McDavid and Crosby tier. he is not.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Okay, so I learned I'm not allowed to use point totals, points-per-game, plus/minus, or shooting percentage as a metric to judge Eichel.

So... what are we supposed to use to judge him?

I'm not saying he's a bum. As I said, he's clearly a 1st-line NHL-er with the potential to be a star. But the way the media and some fans go on about him, you'd think he was Draisaitl or Kucherov.

Reactions: Confucius

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Calgary makes a lot of sense with a deal around Mathew Tkachuk.

I can see Calgary needing to do something to change there outlook and Tkachuk is the type of player and identity Buffalo needs.

Not in the same division let alone conference.

Buffalo will be drafting top 5 this year and next to possibilly add 1 or 2 top centers.

Calgary would add for sure but not there 1st in 2021.

Add in the return from Reinhart and whomever they move this TDL and they could be well on there way in my opinion

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Nobody is giving you that
Depends what type of 1st line winger. I know NYR fans don't want to sell the farm, but if we're talking 1st line winger in production - Well, we would easily fork over Buchnevich in any package deal, and I'm sure other teams would offer similar 1st line wingers. If we're talking 1st line winger like Stone or Huberdeau, then you're right, it doesn't happen. It would really depend on what type of 1st line winger they're looking for. 1st line by production or 1st line as a player who can carry that line and be elite.

(And no - I wasn't saying Buchnevich can get Eichel...)

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Impossible and obviously never gonna happen why not flip Eichel and McDavid

Both players get new beginnings provide Eichel passed the medical.

McDavid and a cap dump
for
Eichel, and some other pieces (not named Dahlin or Cozens)
anyone and everyone else could be put into the deal.

I know, Connor isn't getting moved but both players have to be frustrated. One admits it and the other is a model of professionalism.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo

McDavid and a cap dump
for

I know, Connor isn't getting moved but both players have to be frustrated. One admits it and the other is a model of professionalism.

giphy.webp

Reactions: missionAvs

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Here’s something I came up with... Let’s see how I do:

:flames
Eichel
Olofsson

:blues
Tkachuk
2021 3rd (MTL)

:sabres
Monahan
Pelletier
Kyrou
Dunn
2021 1st (CGY) -> 12th OA
2022 1st (STL) (can defer pick to 2023 if STL misses playoffs and chooses to pick in 2022).
2022 2nd (CGY)

Breakdown:
Eichel and Olofsson —> Tkachuk + Monahan + 2021 1st (CGY) + Pelletier + 2022 2nd (CGY)
Tkachuk to St. Louis —> Tkachuk + 2021 3rd (MTL) for Kyrou + Dunn + 2022/23 1st (STL)

Tkachuk probably wants to choose where he wants to play, so I wanted to make sure Buffalo got some solid value for him from a team that Tkachuk would go and play for. Monahan is the stopgap 1C until Cozens/Mittelstadt surpass him. Kyrou can play C/RW.

Cant imagine Buffalo getting a better haul than that.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

McDavid and a cap dump
for

I think the add needs to be Dahlin/Cozens which you aren't willing to do so I don't see a deal here. Even adding Dahlin, I don't think the Oilers agree. McJesus is that much better and I don't mean that as a slight to Eichel who is phenomenal in his own right.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

I couldn't agree more, he is way overhyped IMO. I'd be surprised if he gets anything close to what some are offering.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

McDavid and a cap dump
for

yeah sure go tell Edmonton Eichel and Dahlin, they still tell you to take a hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad