McKenzie: Jack Eichel has not requested a trade from Buffalo. NYR amongst interested teams who have called tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
But let's be honest here, Eichel HAS already spoken out about being unhappy with the progress of team and this past season, no more steps forward happened. So you could see him getting frustrated if he isn't seeing progress.

That doesn't mean they trade him. I think the Sabres probably won't trade him until two years from now when his NMC is about to kick in if they remain a complete joke. So they have two years to turn this thing around really until they blow it up again.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The value for Eichel is hard to project, his playingstyle is very diffrent many others, and has his own skating style.

Something like Eichel for Panarin straight up.

Zinanejad and Eichel is the two I see most similaritys with.

Eichel << >> 1st unprotected 2020 (Lafrenierre)+rooster player.

Pass.

Value aside, not about to trade the teams only 1st overall selection in my time on this earth (50+ years)

Additionally, I would think that Buffalo would want as many controllable assets as possible seeing as they are not a preferred UFA destination.

Not sure what the Rangers can package together, but I doubt its either Kakko or Laf

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I'd happily do 1OA+a roster player of their choosing to make money work+a good D prospect+my first born child for Eichel

For such a good player, he doesn't get enough slack for the absolutely offensive black hole he plays on. On a decent team, he'd be contending for the Art Ross

How many years of cost control would the Sabres have with your first born?

Reactions: Allan92

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The value for Eichel is hard to project, his playingstyle is very diffrent many others, and has his own skating style.

Something like Eichel for Panarin straight up.

Zinanejad and Eichel is the two I see most similaritys with.

Eichel << >> 1st unprotected 2020 (Lafrenierre)+rooster player.

It's not hard to project. Eichel is one of the very best players in the league. An in his prime center on a great long-term contract. Those players are at a premium and demand a high price.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

Looks like it's not just teams calling. Sabres are configuring proposals.

He's gone sooner or later.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

1. Who the hell is Adam Herman, and why should anyone believe he's a credible source?
2. Even assuming there's a half lick of truth there (which, doubt it), it sure as hell doesn't sound like the Sabres are making a real offer so much as an "OK, we'll move him if you give us your 5 very best assets, otherwise f*** off"

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
1. Who the hell is Adam Herman, and why should anyone believe he's a credible source?
2. Even assuming there's a half lick of truth there (which, doubt it), it sure as hell doesn't sound like the Sabres are making a real offer so much as an "OK, we'll move him if you give us your 5 very best assets, otherwise f*** off"

If he is the franchise why are they even doing it...

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Aka a nice way of saying “eff off”. If you were Dubas and someone called about Matthews, would you say “not available” or would you give a bunch of names where if they say yes, you’re laughing?

IE: Ottawa calls about getting Matthews. You say “I want Tkachuk, Chabot, Brannstrom, Logan Brown, #3, #5, and a conditional 2nd in the next two years (2nd becomes a 1st if Ottawa makes playoffs, applies to every year)” and the Ottawa GM says ok. You do that instantly without a second thought.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
Aka a nice way of saying “eff off”. If you were Dubas and someone called about Matthews, would you say “not available” or would you give a bunch of names where if they say yes, you’re laughing?

IE: Ottawa calls about getting Matthews. You say “I want Tkachuk, Chabot, Brannstrom, Logan Brown, #3, #5, and a conditional 2nd in the next two years (2nd becomes a 1st if Ottawa makes playoffs, applies to every year)” and the Ottawa GM says ok. You do that instantly without a second thought.
No you say click and that's it.

You don't risk it getting out you tabled a proposal at all.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
No you say click and that's it.

You don't risk it getting out you tabled a proposal at all.

Every player knows they can be traded. Hence why they negotiate NTC and NMC.

Besides you don’t just hang up a phone. That will get out to other GMs and that will ruin all chances.

BTW if Ottawa called Buffalo and offered that, I’d be pissed that Eichel wasn’t traded.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
That doesn't mean they trade him. I think the Sabres probably won't trade him until two years from now when his NMC is about to kick in if they remain a complete joke. So they have two years to turn this thing around really until they blow it up again.

This makes sense...

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Because he is a credible source for the Rangers and has been for many years. It pains me to admit it because I cannot stand him as a person, his pompousness is off the charts.

Also, this thread is way over 1k. Sigh.

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: