Jack Campbell vs Thatcher Demko

Campbell vs Demko

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
it's pretty close, both guys are super skilled

i don't know why leafs fans underrate their star players so much. every fanbase would love to cheer for players like campbell, marner, matthews.. these guys are proven performers, both in the regular season and in the playoffs

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's kind of humorous seeing Leaf fans go from "Campbell's better. How can anyone choose Demko other than due to Leaf hate?" in this thread to now so many talking about how Dubas needs to get a goalie because Campbell's not getting it done as a starter in their PGTs since around January.

Reactions: Dache

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Campbell be swimming in soup trying to stop pucks

Meanwhile Demko is GOATED

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A lot of us predicted that Campbell might suffer with a starters load. But I’m surprised at how hard he’s fallen.
He’s a great 1B but playing the bulk of the games in a full 82 game season is a whole other thing. Especially when he’s never done it before at 30 years of age. Tim Thomas was a clear exception.

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
It's kind of humorous seeing Leaf fans go from "Campbell's better. How can anyone choose Demko other than due to Leaf hate?" in this thread to now so many talking about how Dubas needs to get a goalie because Campbell's not getting it done as a starter in their PGTs since around January.

It's almost as if we are able to adjust our views based on new evidence

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The poll should really be comparing Campbell to Hammond, Demko is on a complete different level

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Seems like a super informed decision then..

Demko for the future, Campbell currently better
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Demko is a better goalie as of right now besides if's and buts... Campbell has been a top 5 goalie in the league since he arrived in Toronto by all statistical measurements and that just cant be said about Demko. Maybe he will be better down the line but he sure as hell isn't now.
Campbell has been a stud since he began starting for us. We did not lose because of Campbell lol.

I'm shocked Demko is winning this :laugh: Campbell is a Vezina front runner right now. Not a diss to Demko, he's a fine goalie in his own right but how is anyone picking him over Campbell ?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

The funniest part is you're clever enough to figure out how to put laughing faces, yet not clever enough to realize the date you quoted the posts from and context :laugh:

Campbell .937 svp/1.94 gaa

Demko .919 svp/2.54 gaa

Stats at the time the posts were made. Hindsight king over here

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
The funniest part is you're clever enough to figure out how to put laughing faces, yet not clever enough to realize the date you quoted the posts from and context :laugh:

Demko .919 svp/2.54 gaa

I think why people keep bringing it up is because they were saying all along that the statistics over a small sample shouldn’t be the be all end all, and that we can see the talent in goalies beyond the numbers, but a bunch of Leafs fans dismissed those people as Leaf haters.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018

Demko .919 svp/2.54 gaa

Sure, but it was only a question of how long Campbell could keep up those numbers beause either he would be one of the most treasured "hidden gems" of all time or he was playing on a hot streak. Campbells first season(?) as a starter is all too familiar to other goalies who have had a serious hot streak just to turn ice cold. My bet is that he over extended himself and with garbage backups he has to keep playing even if he's not "feeling it".

Reactions: Regal

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
They are in the same tier IMO
I voted for Campbell, but it could change
I’ll tell you why they are not in the same tier. Save% wise, sure, but there is one major difference, Campbell is 30 and has injuries galore and the most gp he’s had in a season is this year with 40, who is now injured…again. Campbell can not and has not proven to be able to shoulder the workload of a starting goalie. Demko is in his first year as a starter, and has already played 47 games this year, more than any jack Campbell year. demko is a starting goalie who can shoulder the workload, that’s a massive difference.

it’s kinda like a starting pitcher and a reliever in baseball. They both have the same ERA and whip, but the starter can pitch 180-200 innings a season

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
They are in the same tier IMO
I voted for Campbell, but it could change
Wish this was true but it's not. Campbell has been really, really bad for the majority of the season now. He's a good goalie when he's in the right headspace but he seems to take bad games a little too much to heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad