Campbell vs Demko

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Campbell wasn't good last night, I can't say how he's played the past few games. But it seems he's in a bit of a slump at the moment. These things happen to everyone, but what's interesting that he's already played more games than ever before in a single NHL season (two AHL seasons with 40 and 52 games, one with 35 games). So is it slump or fatigue? if latter, Leafs might have a goaltending problem coming

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Campbell wasn't good last night, I can't say how he's played the past few games. But it seems he's in a bit of a slump at the moment. These things happen to everyone, but what's interesting that he's already played more games than ever before in a single NHL season (two AHL seasons with 40 and 52 games, one with 35 games). So is it slump or fatigue? if latter, Leafs might have a goaltending problem coming

Campbell's been struggling since around December 1st. Over that 15 game stretch, he's allowed 3 or more goals in 11 out of those 15 starts.

Ironically, the offense has been bailing him out as he's still 10-3-2 in that stretch.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I personally don't open hockeydb (unless I need an exact number) and vote based on ability. I have been a goalie for decades so I believe in my goalie assessments even more than for skaters.

Demko impressed the hell out of me in that 2020 bubble against Vegas. He looked unbeatable.

Bumping this post because I want to stress again about how more efficient it is to "scout" hockey players based on their ability and not just their "stats-du-moment" on hockeydb

Campbell is not a bad goalie at all, just that Demko is very good.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Last night the votes were 250-150, now its 257-149!!

What a world :yo:

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
The answer to this poll was always demko. I even voted demko when the canucks were crap earlier this year while Campbell was doing his best hasek impression for 2 reasons, even if Campbell is a bit better, demko is younger and doesn’t have the injury history that Campbell has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad