Rumor: Jack Campbell going to the Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
This happens literally every year with every team. You honestly believe all contract negotiation/ signings/ discussion take place on the very first day of free agency ?
No, but still funny to me they redacted the negotiation period recently and it’s still blatantly ignored.

Reactions: DarthProbert

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
As many questions as I have about Matt Murray and I do, thank god that the Leafs aren't paying this Jack Campbell can have a hot run here and there be when he's bad he is BAD any team that gives him this will be dying to move this contract well before it's over.

Jack Campbell is not the guy

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
As many questions as I have about Matt Murray and I do, thank god that the Leafs aren't paying this Jack Campbell can have a hot run here and there be when he's bad he is BAD any team that gives him this will be dying to move this contract well before it's over.

And yet again we see Leaf fans throwing a free agent under the bus hoping they can improve by not having him. Familiar. Sad.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

Barrie Ceci and Hyman have been great for the Oilers we will take all the players Leaf fans think are garbage lol

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
And yet again we see Leaf fans throwing a free agent under the bus hoping they can improve by not having him. Familiar. Sad.
I mean I have watched him for nearly the last 3 seasons, I watched him get hot in November last year and suck from December-May

I watched the Leafs win games in spite of their goaltending.

Jack was a 3.15 GAA and an 893 save$ from December-April

he put up an 897 in the playoffs.

Yes I'm glad the Leafs aren't paying him the next 5 years

How is it tampering? Show proof please.

of course teams tamper

unless you actually belive teams can put together multi dillion dollar contracts in an hour or less.

Because there will be signings in the first hour.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I mean I have watched him for nearly the last 3 seasons, I watched him get hot in November last year and suck from December-May

Leaf fans also thought that Freddie was trash after his last year with the Leafs. At the start of this year, they thought that Campbell was going to be in the running for the Vezina trophy.

The Oilers just need .915 goaltending which is Campbell's average throughout his career.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

of course teams tamper

unless you actually belive teams can put together multi dillion dollar contracts in an hour or less.

Wait until you see what your new goalie has done in the recent past.

of course teams tamper

It only matters if you can prove it.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I think a lot of Leafs fans lost their credibility with their comments regarding Hyman last year... I was convinced Hyman was 3rd liner at one point. So can't put much stock in what they say
Right. Maybe you should go read the old threads of non-Leafs fans saying that.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Good for him, great guy and deserves every penny. One of the nicest people in the game

Don't know if he's a number 1 though, he has incredible highs but they are matched with his lows. If he can get some consistency he's a very good number 1

Reactions: Visnovsky

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Soupy just needs to give us 50-55 games that are better than Koskinen and/or Smith. That's it. I'll be happy with anything he delivers above that and I suspect so will most fans.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
wow 5x5? that hasnt been reported all week.

but dont worry, under developed brains in here r going "what tampering?"

who cares, enjoy one of the worst goalies in the NHL for 5 years. You'll get sick of him apologizing for being shit after the 3rd time.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Leaf fans also thought that Freddie was trash after his last year with the Leafs. At the start of this year, they thought that Campbell was going to be in the running for the Vezina trophy.

The Oilers just need .915 goaltending which is Campbell's average throughout his career.
No…Leaf fans thought Freddy bailed on the team when they needed him most. Same thing happened in Carolina this year. Always been a big supporter of Jack unlike many Oilers fans who were knocking him heading into the playoffs vs TB. Oilers signed two great human beings in Zach and Jack. You will be happy with soup. Have to think his two month stinker had to be injury related. Just wonder if the big contract will put even more pressure on himself to perform though. Man is he hard on himself even if he is getting better at not showing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad