Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM06 | Canucks defeat Predators | 1-0 (Suter) | SILOVS! SUTER! HEROES!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
That might've been his worst overall game but then he made the gamebreaking play. I feel like we're not seeing nearly enough of an apology tour from his diehard haters.

I thought Boeser was really good in this one - and all series. He’s been great on both sides of the puck and has been one of our most consistent offensive producers. Huge play to set up Suter, too. Great to see it.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I thought Boeser was really good in this one - and all series. He’s been great on both sides of the puck and has been one of our most consistent offensive producers. Huge play to set up Suter, too. Great to see it.
Imo he was the best forward game in game out this series. He's really upped his 2 way play so far in the post season, and he seems to be embracing all those lil scrums. Goes without saying, zads best dman this series, and give the g to silovs

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Imo he was the best forward game in game out this series. He's really upped his 2 way play so far in the post season, and he seems to be embracing all those lil scrums. Goes without saying, zads best dman this series, and give the g to silovs

Zadorov has been a beast, I really want to see him paired up with Hughes.

@PavelBure10 hey, here's your positive for the day~.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
So jacked with that effort. Canucks were the better team and deserved the win but damn Nashville was tough to score on. Got to give Tocchet some credit. Pitched defense all year and that was what, in the end, allowed them through. Just have to hope scorers come alive - especially #40.

Good

Silvos - has played better here than in the AHL - go figure. Sometimes I see a little Hasek in him but likely that's wishful thinking. However, on a development path that makes him look NHL bound. Canucks prospect rating should be elevated given how he is playing.

Suter - earning chances and scored a huge goal. There were times when you doubted his signing but he looked dangerous all through this round. Guy really showed up in these playoff games.

Boeser - play on the winner showed the determination he has shown all series. Could make a case that he was the player of the series. Call against him was BS as was the call on Lindholm.

Myers - believe he was far from a 100% healthy but he hung in and was excellent in his end. Gave up his body continually. Showed great heart

Cole - another player very good in his end. Showed his class in this game and you can see how he has contributed to past Stanley Cups. You always want him out late in close games.

Zadorov - if isn't Boeser as the top player in the series, then its Zadorov. Please re-sign him.

Blueger - so good on the PK. Just critical in this game in killing off the 4 minute call. He established the momentum that lead to the kill.

Players you hope pick up their games

Pettersson - obviously

Hoglander - was better in this last game - especially in the first.

Mikheyev - mostly invisible. I think there has always been a concern about this player in pressure situations.

Never wanted to face the Oilers and they are probably the over-whelming favorites. Whatever happens got to be proud of this team and they are in with a chance.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Anyone know where I can find a replay of this game? I was travelling for work and only saw bits and pieces, though thankfully that included the last 2 minutes.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Hey guys, just dropped in to say congratulations! There a re a good bunch of guys here that I had many a varied discussion with for 8 seasons. Hope your boys aren't just 1 and done. Edmonton won't lay down for the Canucks.

Hope you go a long ride. Many of you deserve it for hanging with these guys for decades. Each one of you guys are the living definition of the word fan"fan".
Good to see you BG! Thanks! It's been quite a season.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
@PavelBure10 I hope this win brought you and your family a modicum of joy tonight. My sincerest condolences on Bella's passing.

Sending you all the positive vibes :heart:

Thankyou my friend. It honestly did. Although I was screaming foul language at the TV screen when the refs gave Lindholm a cross checking penalty in the final minute of the game. The game gave me relief and some happiness. I never been so heartbroken in my life over a animal, but there is a gaping hole in my heart and my home seems empty. This win definitely helped. Thankyou for your thoughts, I've been a lost soul the past 2 days. Thankyou for your words of kindness.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
BRING ON THE OILERS!

bfe014ce-2db8-4796-a698-e2b8b8993203_text.gif

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Incredible how every single off seasons FA signings and mid season trade has paid off for us now

Suter
Zad
Blueger
Lindholm

Man, I want to resign everyone single one of them (except Suter cause he’s still signed )

Reactions: Indiana and arttk

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
IMac just said that Myers said exactly that. It hit him right in the balls.
I bet he has long ones

Thankyou my friend. It honestly did. Although I was screaming foul language at the TV screen when the refs gave Lindholm a cross checking penalty in the final minute of the game. The game gave me relief and some happiness. I never been so heartbroken in my life over a animal, but there is a gaping hole in my heart and my home seems empty. This win definitely helped. Thankyou for your thoughts, I've been a lost soul the past 2 days. Thankyou for your words of kindness.
Because of the nature of this post I am going to ignore that "gaping hole"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad