Player Discussion J.T. Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
He’s been ok. I think he’s better on a line with Cogs and Kesler.. but between him and cogs, they weigh down any offensive production from Kesler- which sucks.

He’s fast, loves to check and grind through the boards. Can’t have enough of those guys - on the 3rd and 4th lines. Not in the top 6 though.

Him and Wagner is still ideal for me on the 4th line. Both of them love to chase the puck down and hit.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
He's kinda like a poor man's Cogliano. Shouldn't really be anywhere near the top 6, but he's perfect for the 4th line. Great energy player.

Reactions: Paul4587

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Maybe I'm seeing something different, but I don't feel like he's been as physical as I was hoping, especially on a team now that puts emphasis on the physical side of the game. Not a bad waiver wire pickup overall though, he's more of a puck hound than Shaw was, and adds more speed, which is a plus.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
His name isnt shaw so thats good.

Ive liked brown a lot so far, good 4th line player, fast and physical... not pretty offensively but i love the pick up personally.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Can you post more dream lineups where you remove any tough players and insert a lineup Michael Eisner can be proud of again?

C’mon Dirk you know as well as anyone that Jared Boll absolutely sucks. 90% of the time the puck gets passed to him he turns it straight over to the other team. He’s slow as dirt, loses 90% of his fights, gets lost in the defensive zone and hasn’t been good at the NHL level in 5 years (he has 3 goals his past 160+ games). He makes one or two nice hits every ten games or so sure but 90% of the league can do that.

If we had someone like Ryan Reeves and people wanted him scratched you might have a point but Boll is a horrific hockey player who makes us a worse team when he’s in the lineup.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Can you post more dream lineups where you remove any tough players and insert a lineup Michael Eisner can be proud of again?
Luke Gazdic-George Parros-Jared Boll
Cody McLeod-Micheal Haley-Jared Boll
Patrick Bordeleau-Tom Sestito-Jared Boll
Mike Liambas-Anthony Peluso-Jared Boll

Dillon Heatherington-Kevin Bieksa
Kurtis MacDermid-Kevin Bieksa
Luke Witkowski-Kevin Bieksa

Less payroll = more profit. Eisner will love it. That is, until the team shits away its fans.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Boll hasn't been a respectable enforcer since like 2011. He would get his ass kicked by Manson, Ritchie, and Bieksa these days i bet

I almost admire him for being able to stay in the league as long as he has. He clearly has a skill of getting on the GM/Coaches good side and is obviously a good teammate. Good for his bank account, not good for the team

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
My concern with Brown on the 4th line is that he paid $1.25 million per year. That is high in my mind for a 4th liner. Of course, Perry is paid a lot more and is outrageously overpaid for playing on the 4th line, so maybe Brown isn't all that bad.

As for Boll, I have no comments. He is going to be on this team for the rest of the season. He will probably play in five - seven games. I will guess that he will not be on the team next year since his contract will expire at the end of June. Even if you don't like him it is hardly worth complaining any more about him.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Maybe I'm seeing something different, but I don't feel like he's been as physical as I was hoping, especially on a team now that puts emphasis on the physical side of the game. Not a bad waiver wire pickup overall though, he's more of a puck hound than Shaw was, and adds more speed, which is a plus.
I agree, was hoping for a more consistent physical impact from him. Might be due to increased defensive responsibility playing with Kes, at least in part,

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Brown had his first live stream since joining the Ducks. It's cool to see someone on our team have some open personality with the fans. Would love to see him grab some other Ducks for his streams sometime.

Reactions: Getzmonster

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Brown had his first live stream since joining the Ducks. It's cool to see someone on our team have some open personality with the fans. Would love to see him grab some other Ducks for his streams sometime.
It`s the one where he streams video games?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
3 pts in 6 games is excellent for a 3/4th liner
Boll Wagner Brown is a great 4th line

No. Just, no. An actual, capable enforcer? Sure. Boll is not so no.

My concern with Brown on the 4th line is that he paid $1.25 million per year. That is high in my mind for a 4th liner. Of course, Perry is paid a lot more and is outrageously overpaid for playing on the 4th line, so maybe Brown isn't all that bad.

I don't think how much he makes is relevant now. In the offseason I would agree, as that's when you construct your team. However, now it doesn't matter IMO. You put the players in the best spot that helps our team, regardless of their contract. Bieksa makes 4 million and I prefer Holzer or Wellinski in the lineup over him.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
As for Brown himself: He's an upgrade to Shaw, and that's really all that matters to me. He's a 4th liner, but I'm fine with leaving that line like it is as long as it keeps clicking.

His physicality is pretty much what I saw of him in Tampa games. I think Tampa fans description of him when we claimed him threw some people off here though. The East's games are not nearly as physical consistently as the West's. If you watch primarily Eastern Conference games, Brown's going to seem more physical than if you watch primarily Western conference games.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I’m disappointed. I thought he’d seize the 4th line role but he hasn’t stood out. I don’t think he fits our slow, old man 4th line. If we went with another speedy LW on the 4th and paired then with Grant and Brown, maybe it’d be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad