Line Combos: J. Moore-Mcilrath

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Realistically, the truth is somewhere in between. Moore is a player who has never completely developed into the player projected when he was drafted--but he has played in over 335 NHL games (including 33 playoff games) and is all of 25 years old. With 30 (soon to be 31) teams in the league, he's just about average and given his age, it's still possible he'll get better.

Rooted for him to succeed when he was here, wish him all the best in his career, but don't give him much thought otherwise.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
J. Moore was a pretty good skater but that's about it. And I mean that's really about it. Having him with McIlrath, Eminger, Strudwick, my God dude, forwards would be looking forward to playing us LOL.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Even at the time, people ponderously liked John Moore. I think it was his speed. People mistook that for talent.

The fact is, John Moore is an offensive minded D-Man, who doesn't put up points, can't make a good first pass, and has only had one year where his possession numbers weren't abysmal. I don't know what it is he is supposed to do well.

I think you have it spot on, it's his skating. Ever so often he'd rush the puck and look brilliant.

He's an NHL player because of his skating, but that's solely it. Shows how good of a skater he is but doesn't do much else.

If he wasn't soft, he'd be a good player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad