Iyla Kovalchuk or Brad Marchand?

Who was the better player in their primes?

• Kovalchuk

Votes: 138 53.9%
  • Marchand

Votes: 112 43.8%
  • Even

Votes: 6 2.3%

• Total voters

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Kovalchuk oozes skill but Marchand is definitely more effective and he has a skill set that can mesh with any center and elevate them. Kovalchuk is more of a one man army.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
The fact that it's actually a genuine question shows how far Marchand has come, even his biggest supporters could never have imagined he would be in the realm of a kovalchuk.

Such different players but both superstars, very tough to pick and would be situation dependent

Marchand was pretty disappointing in the playoffs until they completely stacked his line
2011?

FrankSidebottom

Mar 16, 2021
Who is this Iyla Kovalchuk and why is he even compared to Marchand? I don’t get it, you need to be at least as good as Ilya Kovalchuk for example to be make this poll close.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Look as a devils fan I’m salty for how things ended with Ilya and I’m also salty about that malicious elbow Marchand threw at Johansson. Now that it’s known I’m impartial, I go with Kovy. Marchand is an absolute dog and someone any team would give up a nut to have, but Kovy just had more skill and a better peak, and on a bad back almost willed the Devils to a cup.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
On a day to day basis in their peak/prime its Marchand. Kovi has some of the worst defensive impacts of all time as a cherry picking floater. But, Kovi had another level when he really really tried that Marchand didn't have. Like 2012 run.

Reactions: RSPens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad