IX. Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Oops, my phone's swype went wacky as I was rushing to my car. Had to leave after regulation and listened to OT on the radio. Sounds like another defensive breakdown lead to the GWG.

Quick recap of the play. Defensive breakdowns....defensive breakdowns EVERYWHERE. First two goals were screens where OKC players were able to plant in front of Rynnas with no fighting. The others were breakaways from what I remember.

Suffice to say that the defense did not play its best night, seemed to be a hold over from the night before. The biggest offender was Gaunce. He just seemed off. Not phyiscal, out of position, and just plain bad.

Honka and Klingberg were up and down. Led rushes fairly well but at times couldn't keep the puck in the zone or out of position. Same with Wrenn.

Probably the most consistent was Meech but it wasn't enough.

Offensively, oh man......our favorite favorite draft pick, Glennie. Bad....just....ugh. He was given a chance with Morin and Ranford and just stunk it up. He was slow, didn't backcheck worth a crap and was only noticeable on how badly he was playing. Sad thing is that it seems this isn't a one night thing because I've been noticing that the last couple of games. I think he's regressing.

On the other end Dowling and Morin were working magic. If we could combine Dowling and Morin you'd have a complete package at center.

The other kids did fairly well but had issues finishing. Plenty of chances though. Faksa and Stransky almost seem like they're cruising through guys and Ritchie is just a bulldozer. Ranford was good also and looks like he's learning to be more physical also.

Rynnas wasn't bad. Wasn't great either but didn't have much help in front of him.

I think they need to sit Glennie and have Troock play in his place. Ranford, Morin, and Hulak looked really good in the third. Rallo played pretty well with Stransky and Faksa.

It's going to be interesting if Laxdall mixes up the defensive pairings Wednesday. I hope he does.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Interesting lines tonight.

Ranford-Dowling-Ritchie
McKenzie-Morin-Glennie
Henderson-Faksa-Rallo
Hulak-Smith-Stransky

Wrenn-Fortunus
Meech-Klingberg
Gaunce-Honka

Jack in net.

Huh they broke up the Czechs

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Once again the defense is sucking it up. Backchecking weak and the PK is looklook shaky. OKC up 2-0 only half way through first.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Stars looked better at the end of the first and Ritchie gets his first during a 4 on 4 jamming a puck through the five hole after Gaunce makes a nice move toward the net.

2-1 OKC at end of first.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Jack standing tall though a little wild. Ranford makes a sick goal spinning around through the slot and roofing the puck.

Tied at 3 at end of Second.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Honka needs to learn when to use that point shot. I've seen a good 3 to 5 of his one-timers get blocked before getting through to the goalie. Good to see he's not afraid to shoot though.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Honka also needs to work on his play away from the puck. His sense isn't that great right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad