IX. General Stars Talk Always Lands on its Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
This is a hell of a quote that produced a belly laugh for me.

Jim Nill:
On hiring head coach Lindy Ruff: “I know it’s the best decision I ever made. If you see us around you probably think we’re two old farmers. We’re almost identical. We think the same way and have the same family values. Much like myself he was in Buffalo for 17 years, had a lot of highs and lows, and he changed himself. I came here and I knew I had to change the way I operate. He did the same thing.”

I wish I had Photoshop skills. Their face on the farmer and his wife would be my forever avatar.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
This is a hell of a quote that produced a belly laugh for me.

Jim Nill:

I wish I had Photoshop skills. Their face on the farmer and his wife would be my forever avatar.

BNu65PO.png

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I was listening to some combine interviews and a few of the prospects were talking about how certain teams just start yelling at the them right from the get-go to see how they react. I think it's safe to say the Stars aren't one of those teams. :laugh:

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I was listening to some combine interviews and a few of the prospects were talking about how certain teams just start yelling at the them right from the get-go to see how they react. I think it's safe to say the Stars aren't one of those teams. :laugh:

Could you even picture Nill screaming (just in general)? I can't at all.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Nill strikes me as the father type figure that just looks at you with disappointment in his eyes. Arms crossed and just staring at you......as if he knows you're not trying. You gotta try harder, get that look out of his eyes. God......can I push myself enough to even get to crack a smile.

Stop looking at me!! I'm sorry! Am I'm such a failure?........SAY SOMETHING DAMMIT.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Speaking of the jerseys- need to find a way to post a screenshot, but from the trailer of NHL 15 it looks as though our numbers will have black outlines this year. Reebok is also listing the 14-15 uniforms as different from last years, according to a source on CCSLC.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
That'd be a pretty ridiculous **** you to all the fans that bought the new jerseys with a name/number. Congrats, they're already outdated for a meaningless change.

Primetimey*

That'd be a pretty ridiculous **** you to all the fans that bought the new jerseys with a name/number. Congrats, they're already outdated for a meaningless change.

BUY A NEW JERSEY!

Huge updates to our latest Dallas Stars jersey, now with black edging on the numbers!! :yo:

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
Jesus christ Reebok sucks. When does Nike get a turn?

I'm willing to bet the next name on jerseys is Adidas. Reebok has somewhat been removed from the team sports and has been shifted to fitness/crossfit etc. Also, Adidas still owns Reebok and CCM.

As an Illini fan, I don't mind the idea of Nike putting together unis and the football uniforms are good (The new Seahawks unis are a great update to an already strong look). I would be mildly concerned that the materials of the uniforms will be changed, however.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I'm willing to bet the next name on jerseys is Adidas. Reebok has somewhat been removed from the team sports and has been shifted to fitness/crossfit etc. Also, Adidas still owns Reebok and CCM.

As an Illini fan, I don't mind the idea of Nike putting together unis and the football uniforms are good (The new Seahawks unis are a great update to an already strong look). I would be mildly concerned that the materials of the uniforms will be changed, however.

I work sports retail, and have been told that Adidas is taking over the hockey department as soon as next season. Our store didn't even get any jerseys this year because of the impending switch

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I work sports retail, and have been told that Adidas is taking over the hockey department as soon as next season. Our store didn't even get any jerseys this year because of the impending switch

As an owner of CCM pads, I have no issues with this. Something about that CCM name....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad