I've got a feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Jesus Christ. Let these guys play one game before declaring a dynasty.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Pseudo-dynasty? Wow! This in the salary cap era of parity too. Habs fans as a whole are abolute beauties! On a good weekend, we're building a dynasty. On a bad weekend, the sky is falling and we should all slit our wrists.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
We picked up some great talent, no question. But all we've done is improve our potential. Other teams have done the same and a few have already seen some of that potential turn into high-level NHL talent. We haven't. Let's see how Beaulieu, Tinordi and Gallagher turn that potential into actual performance in a couple of years; let's see at how high a level Eller, Leblanc, Weber, Diaz and Emelin can play this season. Let's see if Galchenyuk will put a strong young team over the top, or make a team of mediocre talent slightly better.

Sorry if I sound skeptical, but I've been watching hockey long enough to know that the movie preview is usually better than the real movie.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Well, I'm certainly excited about the future, I was even before this draft, but I also realize a lot of other teams did very well too. It's all about putting all of these assets together. The most encouraging thing for me is Bergevin's attitude towards having a complete organization that will operate like the best of teams. It's going to take a few years and is not a foregone conclusion, but yes we will certainly be in a position to challenge legitimately for the Stanley Cup and not just as rando "anything can happen" 8th seeds.

and yes, I know the Kings were, but they were a lot better than that seeding indicated

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Pseudo-dynasty? Wow! This in the salary cap era of parity too. Habs fans as a whole are abolute beauties! On a good weekend, we're building a dynasty. On a bad weekend, the sky is falling and we should all slit our wrists.

The red wings are a pseudo dynasty that will now have to face a new era, the bar isn't that amazingly high and I'm not thinking about winning 5 consecutive stanley cups, but more like winning two or three in the next 10-15 years.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
It's better to be over the top positive than be over the top negative ;) though both are weird.

That being said, I love the positivity being oozed out fo the Habs board, awesome after almost a year of people *****ing about every little detail!

Apr 28, 2010
Dave Stubbs tweeted earlier today that Serge Savard told him that now all the Habs needed was to be a little patient and wait out until the couple of heavy contracts were taken off the books, but that all the pieces were in place and the organization just needed to be patient and not panic

lol bob gainey really ruined this team.:facepalm:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
lol bob gainey really ruined this team.:facepalm:

In a way, moves he made kinda caused us to bottom out this year, and maybe next, combined with the picks we have, and the draft we already did, that's a major shot in the arm to the prospect pool.

This organization took a really big step forward this year, I think. I don't care if we pick 3rd again next year: for once, it really feels like this organization is building to something that you can really get excited for.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
Call me crazy but I'm actually pumped about the possibility of having a 3rd line of White-Eller-Moen.

I know it doesn't seem flashy or exciting looking at it on paper. But it could be the very thing that puts the team back into contention and respectability.

White and Moen are 4th line material.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
On paper, we're better than we were a few days ago. Let's see how these guys fair on the ice though. I'm really excited about the future though, with Galychenyuk, Subban, Pacioretty, Beaulieu , Emelin, Eller, Price, etc. It's looking really good.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
If Bergevin doesn't squander our future, and listens to what Lefebvre, Brisebois, Lapointe and Timmins have to say about how well (or how badly, it can and will happen) the kids are doing, if the draft next year is as good as this year (and it's looking like a very solid draft, in which we got lots of high picks) we could very well have 6-7 very fructuous years in which one or 2 cups are possible.

High end, low cost talent is what wins it in the cap era, and you build that with skilled youth. We're getting that. In fact, it seems like every decision Bergevin took is precisely in that direction.

And it also seem like Bergevin will buy out Gomez' contract. Sounds stupid? It isn't. First of all, burying someone in the minors isn't a great way to go around if you already have a hard time getting UFAs to come. And if Bergevin's goal is that the team is a top flight team in 3 years, then it's okay to pay a little more, to make the Habs look like a class organisation (like the Pens did in the Staal trade) as a decisive break from the old regime. Makes rebuilding that much easier.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
2012 Draft souvenir... 2 years later it seems the excitement has not gone away. This has got to be Galchenyuk's year we are almost ready to shoot for the stars...

GO HABS GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad