I've got a feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
With the additions of Gachenyuk, Collbert, Thrower, Nystrom, Vail, Hudon. I feel that the habs are getting closer from forming a pseudo dynasty alignment.

All of our numero uno talent is young with already in the lineup Subban, Price, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Emelin, Eller, Leblanc and not so young Plekanec.

With Tinordi, Beaulieu, Gallagher and Kristo closing in to NHL, I think our team as a lot of character maybe a little too much but I really feel the days of apathy are over, the coming of fading old veterans to somehow lead the team is now finished. The habs are cooler than ever :yo:

When all the chess pieces will be in place and if the coaching/management keeps it's promises of good leadership and keeps on addressing the issues when it's time and not lie to themselves thinking everything is green when everything is red, I think we're in for a hell of a ride.

Plz just keep betting the pot on young talent instead of betting on already established players that will only make the team regress on its already established potential.

Figaro95*

you know what.... I agree.

One of the best weekends ever to be a fan of this ****ing team.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
This off season will get even better if we can add a legit top 6 winger to play with Pleks and Gionta

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The team's prospect pool is a lot deeper now but let's not get carried away with the dynasty talk already. There are still quite a few teams out there with better looking futures than us. Edmonton, St-Louis and Ottawa, to name a few.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Call me crazy but I'm actually pumped about the possibility of having a 3rd line of White-Eller-Moen.

I know it doesn't seem flashy or exciting looking at it on paper. But it could be the very thing that puts the team back into contention and respectability.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Dynasties are not built on one draft. We've got a prospect who might be a game changer in Galchenyuk... after that... we're a long way from having the prospcets Edm, Ottawa, LA, Bos, Chi have.

Jerk Store*

Bit of a knee jerk reaction. Takes more than one not so deep draft to build a dynasty. Some good picks were made but don't get ahead of yourself. Most of them are still very raw and much depends on their development at this point. On paper it was a good draft for the Habs, but I'd chill with the dynasty talks

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Call me crazy but I'm actually pumped about the possibility of having a 3rd line of White-Eller-Moen.

I know it doesn't seem flashy or exciting looking at it on paper. But it could be the very thing that puts the team back into contention and respectability.

I feel the same way. That's an absolutely terrifying line to have to play against. Eller is a real badass, very underrated, and with 2 scrappers on his line he will start to show it more and more. Guy is not scared of anyone and is very tough...I still remember her popping his shoulder back into place after it was dislocated and finishing his shift during the playoffs.

As for the OP...Let's wait until one of those guys plays in the NHL, please.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Yeah, Dynasty is excessive. This was a great draft for us, and absolutely a step in the right direction. But there hasn't been a dynasty for a while, and I don't think we're about to change that.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
Wait what...? So after just one draft we're going to become a dynasty now? :facepalm:

Kind of a big overreaction don't you think? Lets see how our prospects turn out when they make the jump to the NHL first...

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Dave Stubbs tweeted earlier today that Serge Savard told him that now all the Habs needed was to be a little patient and wait out until the couple of heavy contracts were taken off the books, but that all the pieces were in place and the organization just needed to be patient and not panic

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Bit of a knee jerk reaction. Takes more than one not so deep draft to build a dynasty. Some good picks were made but don't get ahead of yourself. Most of them are still very raw and much depends on their development at this point. On paper it was a good draft for the Habs, but I'd chill with the dynasty talks

The Q I'm basing my post, is really based on the fact that the team like the oilers is all young and all full of character which seems to fit the bill in my mind for a lot strong work ethics and passion that will be brought to the game, of course dynasty talks is far-fetched but add the city of montreal vibe and the high demand of accomplishing what the franchise has done before and I hope to think that things will be well in the winning zone for the next years.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I like the results of our draft.

Why dont we bookmark this page and pull it up in 3 years or so and see where we are at.;):nod:

Jerk Store*

The Q I'm basing my post, is really based on the fact that the team like the oilers is all young and all full of character which seems to fit the bill in my mind for a lot strong work ethics and passion that will be brought to the game, of course dynasty talks is far-fetched but add the city of montreal vibe and the high demand of accomplishing what the franchise has done before and I hope to think that things will be well in the winning zone for the next years.

I don't see why you think mtl is in the same prospect class as the Oilers with just one draft. Anyway, I respectfully disagree with pretty much everything you've said, but I understand the excitement as a fan. Wasn't a very pleasant season for Habs fans and it's nice to see the ship being steered in the right direction

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Dave Stubbs tweeted earlier today that Serge Savard told him that now all the Habs needed was to be a little patient and wait out until the couple of heavy contracts were taken off the books, but that all the pieces were in place and the organization just needed to be patient and not panic

Probably the biggest thing to come next year is 4 picks in the top 60 again next year, and a GM that seems to realize what you just posted.

I think Bergevin knows that we've got good pieces in place, and that there's no single move that's going to bring us there faster. I think he realizes that next year will not bring the stanley cup, so he's not going to try to maximize our performance this year.

It's what brought us the season last season: it's like playing chess and trying to grab every piece you can. Bad idea.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I think we'll be perennial contenders in the period 2015-2020.

Our farm system has Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Colberg,
We have 4 top-60 picks next year.
Our youth corps include Subban, Eller, Leblanc, Price, Pacioretty.

The future is bright.

Jerk Store*

I think we'll be perennial contenders in the period 2015-2020.

Our farm system has Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Colberg,
We have 4 top-60 picks next year.
Our youth corps include Subban, Eller, Leblanc, Price, Pacioretty.

The future is bright.

For the record, I got flammed when I said Griga wasn't the right fit for the Habs, and I'll reitterate (I'm sure I butchered that word lol) my opinion that Montreal should consider moving Subban when the right opportunity comes along. I know it would suck as the "core" would take a hit, but all is forgotten on draft day (assuming picks would be included in the return).

Halifaxhab*

Probably the biggest thing to come next year is 4 picks in the top 60 again next year, and a GM that seems to realize what you just posted.

I think Bergevin knows that we've got good pieces in place, and that there's no single move that's going to bring us there faster. I think he realizes that next year will not bring the stanley cup, so he's not going to try to maximize our performance this year.

It's what brought us the season last season: it's like playing chess and trying to grab every piece you can. Bad idea.

His biggest task right now is to fill in that NHL roster. Resign the RFAs to cap friendly deals, get rid of Gomez, and fill in a couple roster spots via UFA (solid physical top 4 Dman and a 2nd/3rd line winger).

This draft was good, add in a good draft next year (I hope) and we`re looking really good in 3 years

Halifaxhab*

For the record, I got flammed when I said Griga wasn't the right fit for the Habs, and I'll reitterate (I'm sure I butchered that word lol) my opinion that Montreal should consider moving Subban when the right opportunity comes along. I know it would suck as the "core" would take a hit, but all is forgotten on draft day (assuming picks would be included in the return).

Unless that move is to bring in MacKinnon than I don`t see a point to it. And that is all dependant on the progression of our PMDs (Diaz, Weber, Beaulieu, Nash)

I`m not saying it a definate NO WAY, but it would take a few things to happen first. Just like possibly moving DD or even Pleks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad