Recalled/Assigned: Ivan Telegin fails to report to IceCaps (UPD: rights acquired by CSKA Moscow)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't get this move from him, he can't play in the KHL due to the agreement between the NHL and KHL. He needed this year to get his game back after losing most of last year due to Injury.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I don't get this move from him, he can't play in the KHL due to the agreement between the NHL and KHL. He needed this year to get his game back after losing most of last year due to Injury.

Hopefully he comes to his senses.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well wether right or wrong given this summer/fall I can't see TNSE drafting a Russian unless he's a cant miss talent anytime soon.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Ivan Telegin is basically Kane Lite with less hockey sense. He has an NHL contract, no? He won't be finding a job thanks to the MoU with the KHL. He was a complete wash last year in the AHL, and he expects what exactly? He wasn't even in consideration for a job with the main club this year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ivan Telegin is basically Kane Lite with less hockey sense. He has an NHL contract, no? He won't be finding a job thanks to the MoU with the KHL. He was a complete wash last year in the AHL, and he expects what exactly? He wasn't even in consideration for a job with the main club this year.

Yeah I really don't get what his thinking is. He missed most of last year and didn't exactly light it up when he played. I have no idea why he thought he'd make it this year if that was the case.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Wiebe tweet

#NHLJets announce that Ivan Telegin's failure to report to St. John's was for "personal reasons." Won't have much else to say on matter

AndersUlfBobby

Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Ever since his suspicion "hand" injury a couple of summers ago, I haven't had a good feeling about Telegin. Thought spending as much time as he did in Winnipeg this summer might have changed things, but I guess not. This does not surprise me. Following in the footsteps of Burmi.

han316

Feb 6, 2013
Why are guys making a big deal over this? It's stated it's for personal reasons and the suspension is simply an automatic procedure.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Why are guys making a big deal over this? It's stated it's for personal reasons and the suspension is simply an automatic procedure.

Because the initial tweet only mentioned the suspension, and didn't discuss "personal reasons"? :dunno:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Telegin-300x200.jpg

They don't seem to know what is happening in St. John's either.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
O'Dell asked him where he was on Instagram a couple days back. He said he was heading back to Russia.

Perhaps AHL cheese doesn't cut it after suffering through concussion symptoms for 6 months.

bazaaa*

O'Dell asked him where he was on Instagram a couple days back. He said he was heading back to Russia.

Perhaps AHL cheese doesn't cut it after suffering through concussion symptoms for 6 months.

If he can't play in the KHL in Russia, what are his realistic options? I can't imagine him getting paid very much outside the K?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Maybe he's homesick?

Too bad, I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do with the IceCaps this season.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea based on some rumblings I have heard this is about right.

Burmi made ridiculous money to head to the KHL.....Ivan is just going dark. To me its apples and oranges. Based on his limited options I wouldn't be surprised to see him back, however, I will lose zero sleep if he stays home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad