Proposal: Its time for Matthews to go (Mod Warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
TML
AM

Zona
Chychrun
Dvorak
Hayton
Crouse

Reason I do this and yes I am a TML. We are a much more balanced team. Chychrun makes Dermott expendable. Dvorak is reunited with his Knights line mate Marner. Hayton looks to be a 1C in the making. Crouse adds some much needed grit to the third line.

Then trade:
Dermott
Kerfoot
AJ
Spezza

TML

Hyman JT Nylander
Mikheyev Dvorak Marner
Crouse Hayton Kapanen
Engvall Gauthier Korskov

Rielly ???????
Chychrun Liljegren
Sandin Holl

Andersen
????????

Use trade chips to acquire Back up and first pairing RHD

Trading Matthews away and having ?????? as the top pair RD is a major bruh moment.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Schmaltz and OEL for Matthews and Liljegren who says no?

Probably TOR because I say Hell yes.

Kuemper + Chychrun + Dvorak + Soderstrom + 1st

Matthews + Barrie

Hell no. Kuemper is a no go. I probably wouldn't want to trade one of Dvorak/Soderstrom if I'm giving up Chychrun/1st.

TML
AM

Zona
Chychrun
Dvorak
Hayton
Crouse

Hell no, there's no way we're giving up Dvorak and Hayton in the same deal. Pick one.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Matthews for Kotkaniemi, Petry, 2020 first

and some retention
I really hope this is just a montreal fan being funny. You cant honestly believe a guy with 5 points who never touches Matthews as a player, a guy who turns 32 in a couple days and a middling 1st gets you Auston f***ing Matthews.

All 29 teams beat that. If he was ever moved to mtl it would be for a f*** ton. Not even sure mtl has the assets to get him.

Also, I really, really, really hope the "and some renention" was not intended for Matthews. Im actually afraid it is

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
If Nashville can unload Johanson, Duchene, and Turris(that's right, all 3), they should make a serious push for Mathews(in this theoretical scenario where he's available). Their half-assed attempts at acquiring a 1C by paying 2Cs and a 3C too much isn't working.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto

Hell no. Kuemper is a no go. I probably wouldn't want to trade one of Dvorak/Soderstrom if I'm giving up Chychrun/1st.

Hell no, there's no way we're giving up Dvorak and Hayton in the same deal. Pick one.

Well that would be the ask. You get your native Son. We are not trading him for scraps.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix

Dvorak and Hayton combined don't have 1/100th of the talent of Matthews. There's literally no combination of assets the Yotes could put together to get Matthews. They're just going to be stuck in mediocrity forever.

Reactions: JackFr

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The problem with Matthews is a microcosm of the Leafs in general: Talent with no clue how to win when things get hard. The team needs a couple of strong leaders and Matthews needs one of those leaders to take him under his wing to help propel Matthews in the right direction. Leaders don't have to be the best guys on the ice. Leaders are accountable both on and off the ice, help enforce the coaches system, and keep the team together during the hard times. The Leafs don't have that and with the boat quickly collecting water, the rats will jump ship first. Toronto did themselves a huge disservice by signing Tavares, a me first type of guy who has some of the best skills in the league but not the personality to take control of a team and be the center of it's leadership core. If Toronto is smart, Tavares needs to go, not Matthews, who still has hope in becoming The Guy Toronto needs to lead them through the next decade. At this point in time, Tavares is who he is... let the rats jump ship, and it's a step in the right direction for that franchise.

Reactions: Chan790 and kbcb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad