Line Combos: It's Shuffling Time!

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Thank you JESUS! Finally, Carter back with Richards...as it should be. And, maybe more importantly, Williams back with Kopitar.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Looks interesting. A fairly balanced attack... they seem to recognize the need for more offense with the inclusion of all the Manchester boys. Haven't been very impressed by Pearson and Vey but this is a big opportunity for them to show their stuff.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
No Clifford and Frattin is a huge plus. Clifford adds nothing to the lineup and Frattin has been outplayed by all the younger players.

I'll give Sutter the benefit of the doubt and assume the long break rejuvenated Williams and Richards, but if they play like they have been most of the season I feel like we are hurting our two franchise forwards by playing them with rookies and struggling players. And as always with Carter and Richards you have to worry about how they are going to play defensively, it's been an adventure the past two seasons, and I'm not exactly sure if Pearson is a future Selke winner, feel like certain teams are going to pick on that line, especially on the road when our opponents have the last change.

Interesting to see Brown back on the right wing, it's been awhile.

Last edited:

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Wow. Those lines actually look good, like something one of us would come up with. I give it 10 minutes before it is re-shuffled in game :sarcasm: But seriously, those are some sexy looking lines...

Hopefully Sutter gives them some time to gel and mesh because I am pretty excited to see what they can do.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Its definitely better than before the Olympic break. I'm glad Carter is back with Richards, but I'm worried about Pearson. I still don't think he is quite ready yet for top 6 minutes, but lets see what he can do.

KingKopitar11*

I just hope Richards plays better than before the break. And man our defense makes me sad.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Wow. Those lines actually look good, like something one of us would come up with. I give it 10 minutes before it is re-shuffled in game :sarcasm: But seriously, those are some sexy looking lines...

Hopefully Sutter gives them some time to gel and mesh because I am pretty excited to see what they can do.

People here are smarter than Sutter? :laugh:

A lot would depend on Pearson and Vey playing well consistently and they haven't proven that they can do that. Hope they do.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The only problem with the D is that you have three guys who are slow in Regehr, Mitchell and Greene, and one guy who is slow to react in Muzzin. Perhaps adding one mobile minute eater could really help balance out the defensive pairings.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I have been waiting all year for the Pearson-Richards-Carter line. I think they played once together and Tanner looked really lost, I believe it was during his 2nd call up. Let's see how he does now...

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Clifford sitting isn't much of a surprise. He seems like he could be traded with Andy/Nic in the AHL.... Don't want him getting his bell rung at the deadline.

Brown on RW? Can Brown play right wing? :laugh: (joke)

With all the youth in the line up there could be issues. Then there were issues without the youth in the line up....

Sutter's just trolling us. Line up subject to change without notification.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
BhWixRFCUAEneR-.jpg

Dustin Brown has to be the Vlade Divac of the team.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Interesting lines--let's see if they stick!

Would definitely reflect a needed offensive burst though!

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Has Pearson been playing good lately for manchester? He didn't look ready at all last time he was up with the club, not sure how it's going to affect Richards and Carter. Then again, those 2 are used to having a LW that doesnt produce....

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
Has Pearson been playing good lately for manchester? He didn't look ready at all last time he was up with the club, not sure how it's going to affect Richards and Carter. Then again, those 2 are used to having a LW that doesnt produce....

So wait, do you still want an answer to your question or did you just answer your own question? :sarcasm: :laugh:

To clarify, I wouldn't know the answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad