It's Pre-Season. What do you think?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
No. I'm gonna stop before then and start the regular season on thursday. Announcement coming soon. Except for the Panthers. They stay in preseason until they lose in the first round of the playoffs. Again. ;)

Ouch! My heart!:baghead:

Well at least I made the playoffs and generated some revenue. Something tells me your team is more comfortable playing the role of sideline :pcheer::tinker:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Ouch! My heart!:baghead:

Well at least I made the playoffs and generated some revenue. Something tells me your team is more comfortable playing the role of sideline :pcheer::tinker:

To be fair, winning the Southeast is kind of like winning a nursing home beauty pageant these days.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
No, I'm saying the judging of beauty pagents is biased towards the Carrie Prejeans of the world, not Frances Bay, Grandma from Happy Gilmore.

I heard that Frances has a Carrie Prejean like sex tape. But Brocks suing to keep it from being released. Thankfully. None of us want to see you Brock! ;)

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Boedker was suspended on game 25 for 4 games. 2 games later and it still says S4. Wonder if its a glitch or if he just gets inserted after the 4th game. Just pointing this out

I was digging around on the STHS forum and found an answer as to why Boedker, Osgood, and anyone else suspended in the pre-season isn't having their suspension reduced. The sim is designed that way, suspensions don't kick in until the regular season. I'm not sure why it was made that way but apparently it is.

So I guess it's up to Matthew (or the admin group) whether the players serve their suspension the way the program wants them to or if they are wiped clean.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I was digging around on the STHS forum and found an answer as to why Boedker, Osgood, and anyone else suspended in the pre-season isn't having their suspension reduced. The sim is designed that way, suspensions don't kick in until the regular season. I'm not sure why it was made that way but apparently it is.

So I guess it's up to Matthew (or the admin group) whether the players serve their suspension the way the program wants them to or if they are wiped clean.

If that is the case than at least I should eb able to use Osgood in pre season games.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
If that is the case than at least I should eb able to use Osgood in pre season games.

Because the preseason schedule actually is 82 games long (I misunderstood how to set up the league and thought I was creating a league season, and by clicking 'create a preseason' it would create a preseason in addition, and not just an 82 game long preseason) I'm going to have to re-set the league back to the off-season so the point of suspensions carrying over into the regular season may be moot. That said, I will re-set Osgood so he can play today.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Because the preseason schedule actually is 82 games long (I misunderstood how to set up the league and thought I was creating a league season, and by clicking 'create a preseason' it would create a preseason in addition, and not just an 82 game long preseason) I'm going to have to re-set the league back to the off-season so the point of suspensions carrying over into the regular season may be moot. That said, I will re-set Osgood so he can play today.

With luck, the re-set will mean none of the current suspensions, injuries or fatigue will carry over to the full season, which means we'll start with a clean slate. Right? RIGHT?? ;)

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
With luck, the re-set will mean none of the current suspensions, injuries or fatigue will carry over to the full season, which means we'll start with a clean slate. Right? RIGHT?? ;)

RIGHT. Except for Florida. They stay in Preseason hell mode in perpetuity. (and I'm considering throwing the Canucks and Oilers under that same bus.) :naughty:

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
RIGHT. Except for Florida. They stay in Preseason hell mode in perpetuity. (and I'm considering throwing the Canucks and Oilers under that same bus.) :naughty:

Hey now!

On a serious note...I do disagree with injuries being reset to start the season as they aren't in the NHL but that's just me.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
To be fair, winning the Southeast is kind of like winning a nursing home beauty pageant these days.

Are you trying to say the Washington Capitals are a bad hockey team? How could any first line as skilled as Schremp - Comrie - Lisin be considered bad? In 2002, that line would have destroyed.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Hey now!

On a serious note...I do disagree with injuries being reset to start the season as they aren't in the NHL but that's just me.

I actually agree with you, however in this case I don't know that it's an option. Unless Matthew is able to manually enter injury levels into the players at the start of the season. It sounds to me like the whole sim will re-set for Game 1, because of the difficulty setting up pre-season. I think it's a one-off issue.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica

So, the league did NOT reset all the suspensions, injuries etc. I didn't change that. I will if there is mass objection. Otherwise, it kinda seems realistic to carry things over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad