It's Pre-Season. What do you think?

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
I will try to survive during the season lol ..I already got alot of injuries or very tired players.....

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I will try to survive during the season lol ..I already got alot of injuries or very tired players.....

Yeah. Re: the tired players. I think that might have something to do with the back to back to back nights in the schedule I have. Figuring out a way to tweak that.

Default101

I think Phoenix is alot worse than I previously assumed. Starting to turn around in the NHL but just going to take it one year at a time. If only Hodgson didn't get injured i'd have a pretty solid top 6 next season based on NHL performances. Kulikov may be my #1 defenceman as soon as next year, and Afinogenov's resurgence is either going to give me a great top line player, or a very good return in a trade.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
It's definitely going to be touch-and-go for the Blue Jackets, based on our first couple of games. Clearly we're not going to be a high-octane offence, so it's making sure we're doing the other things right that will matter most.

The first 20 games or so are going to be interesting, fiddling with ticket prices (subject to the Admin team and Sim manager's approvals) and in particular the play style sliders, as well as working on line combinations.

I must admit, I'm a little disappointed that we can't adjust the play style on a line-by-line basis, since it's quite possible to have different lines on a team work with different styles - forecheck/dump-and-chase versus puck possession/passing plays, for example. But if it's to be one style for everyone, I'll have to figure out what the right balance is to max/min our strengths and weaknesses.

Either way, it's a fun added dimension to the game. Looking forward to it!

radir

Jul 31, 2005
I think the exhaustion add realism. But the problem is the schedule isn't realist at all. I got 4 back-to-back games.... next week, five back to back games... there's so much tweaking your roster can do...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I picked the file up from front page but somehow when I try run the program ...it cannot locate the league file. I know I am saving in the the same directory.

I have it saved to desktop, saves any confusion. When I open STHS, if the files don't look right, I just open file -> the version I saved to the desktop. Works fine.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Hey Matt - what about simming some rest days? 1 on 1 off or something?

Yah, I think that there are a couple solutions once we reach the regular season.

1) Have a 123 day schedule (like the one you see now) and sim regular rest days.
2) Have a 200 day schedule and sim a bunch of double headers etc. during the season. That way rest days are accounted for more naturally.

Opinions welcome.

I also simmed a rest day prior and after today's sim to re-balance.

Matthew

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I picked the file up from front page but somehow when I try run the program ...it cannot locate the league file. I know I am saving in the the same directory.

Also I noticed that your lines and rosters were incomplete today in the file you submitted. I couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong, something to do with the backup G. I ran a partial auto roster and lines (which just fills in the gaps, but doesn't change anything you've set) to fix.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Also I noticed that your lines and rosters were incomplete today in the file you submitted. I couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong, something to do with the backup G. I ran a partial auto roster and lines (which just fills in the gaps, but doesn't change anything you've set) to fix.

It must have to do Osgood. He was suspended for one game and the game was served yesterday. However, the SIM still had him suspended and was unavailable.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Anything to make it most NHL-realistic, I say go for it. I would vote for am automatic day off between every day until the last 20 games. I'll start a poll.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Sim question

Boedker was suspended on game 25 for 4 games. 2 games later and it still says S4. Wonder if its a glitch or if he just gets inserted after the 4th game. Just pointing this out

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Boedker was suspended on game 25 for 4 games. 2 games later and it still says S4. Wonder if its a glitch or if he just gets inserted after the 4th game. Just pointing this out

I am having the same problem. Osgood was suspended for 1 game which was done with game #3 but is still showing as suspended and is unavailable under the system file.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Yah, I think that there are a couple solutions once we reach the regular season.

1) Have a 123 day schedule (like the one you see now) and sim regular rest days.
2) Have a 200 day schedule and sim a bunch of double headers etc. during the season. That way rest days are accounted for more naturally.

Opinions welcome.

I also simmed a rest day prior and after today's sim to re-balance.

Matthew

What did the minutes played settings end up being at for forwards and for defensemen? Rest days are fine on a condensed schedule but if the minutes played are set to accurate levels it might not be as big an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad