It's over now(NHL-NHLPA have destroyed the NHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBreed19

The cancellation is pure destruction of the league. Even if they come back with replacement players through an impasse, will anybody truly care? As a huge fan of hockey, I see this lockout as pure hell for the league. They are painting this league to be a big joke of a league. For heaven sake Bob&Gary&Players&Onwers, wake up and fix this. Please get your heads out of your a$$ and geta deal done!! :madfire:

Last edited by a moderator:

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
NewBreed19 said:
The cancellation is pure destruction of the league. Even if they come back with replacement players through an impasse, will enybody truly care? As a huge fan of hockey, I see this lockout as pure hell for the league. They painting this league to be a big joke of a league. For heaven sake Bob&Gary&Players&Onwers, wake up and fix this. Please get your heads out of your a$$ and geta deal done!! :madfire:

Except, the season hasn't been cancelled yet. So.....er, what?

mackdogs*

NewBreed19 said:
The cancellation is pure destruction of the league. Even if they come back with replacement players through an impasse, will anybody truly care? As a huge fan of hockey, I see this lockout as pure hell for the league. They painting this league to be a big joke of a league. For heaven sake Bob&Gary&Players&Onwers, wake up and fix this. Please get your heads out of your a$$ and geta deal done!! :madfire:
I'd pay to watch replacement players. Not full ticket prices, but probably around 50-60% of the old prices.

Mountain Dude

I'd rather watch replacement players, and it doesn't matter, in 5 years the talent will be back to where it is now.

NewBreed19

mackdogs said:
I'd pay to watch replacement players. Not full ticket prices, but probably around 50-60% of the old prices.
I don't believe it. Why watch replcement players, when their are other leagues with great calibar of hockey , like the WHL and AHL? Replacement players is going to lead to more hurt for the NHL than gain!! :shakehead

likea

Jul 9, 2004
NewBreed19 said:
I don't believe it. Why watch replcement players, when their are other leagues with great calibar of hockey , like the WHL and AHL? Replacement players is going to lead to more hurt for the NHL than gain!! :shakehead

I would support the replacement players because it would crush the union and allow the real NHL talent to get back on the ice at a reasonable price.

two out of three*

Exactly.. Rant of the Day Thread please.. You know every thread should go into the rant of the day.. Only new CBA news should be posted, and everyone elses thoughts can go into the Rant thread.

mackdogs*

NewBreed19 said:
Why watch replcement players, when their are other leagues with great calibar of hockey , like the WHL and AHL?
Because I support the owners in this tug of war. I'm an Oilers fan who would rather watch B-grade players than lose my team.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
NewBreed19 said:
The cancellation is pure destruction of the league. Even if they come back with replacement players through an impasse, will anybody truly care? As a huge fan of hockey, I see this lockout as pure hell for the league. They are painting this league to be a big joke of a league. For heaven sake Bob&Gary&Players&Onwers, wake up and fix this. Please get your heads out of your a$$ and geta deal done!! :madfire:

It's funny how so many people here have decided the season's done, yet the one man in charge of actually declaring it over, hasn't...

If you guys think that the NHL season is going to go out on a wimper, you guys are just plain gullible...

you really don't think neither side will reach out to each other again? :shakehead just cause they said that neither will pick up the phone... think 94 people, remember 94...the season was done, until it rose from the ashes at the last point...you guys believe anything that's said, if Ted Saskin tomorrow said it's the end of the world, I wonder how much posters here would participate in the mass suicide :shakehead

Mountain Dude

417 TO MTL said:
It's funny how so many people here have decided the season's done, yet the one man in charge of actually declaring it over, hasn't...

If you guys think that the NHL season is going to go out on a wimper, you guys are just plain gullible...

you really don't think neither side will reach out to each other again? :shakehead just cause they said that neither will pick up the phone... think 94 people, remember 94...the season was done, until it rose from the ashes at the last point...you guys believe anything that's said, if Ted Saskin tomorrow said it's the end of the world, I wonder how much posters here would participate in the mass suicide :shakehead

The Owners only want a cap, and the PA refuses one, its laughable you think anything will change in the last hours when it hasn't in the last 10 years.

Mountain Dude

kenabnrmal said:
Are you an insider of some sort, or only repeating what TSN is spewing at the moment?

He's stating the painfully obvious, even if it isn't this week, or next week, or the week after that, a deal isn't going to get done any time soon. I would be incredibly shocked if they get one done in 05, and impressed if its done in 06.

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:

1994 to me is EAXCTLY the situation... as in the Baseball strike.Nearly action for action with similar @holes and boobs running the game into the ground. EVERYONE while they herd nothing but posturing thought" they would never do this...." then it came.

WHat makes this worse is that Baseball owners caved, the system is still broke but at least you never thought the league was going away. I think the NHL is probably gone, at the very least at least 5-8 franchises will not recover. Not just the Sakic and Jagrs but to never get to see the possible futures of so many teams because they blew it up.

Think the Union is going to cave? nope. Think replacement players, if even possible could fill arenas, sell jerseys or get corporate deals, let alone even be shown on TV? oh yea the ECHL cast-offs, Has Beens and never weres skating around for lord stanley. Yea thats thats a sell!

I swear the NHL in its history has bungled the most perfect game time and time again. Bettman and Bobby are just the lastest losers to miscaculate the growth of the sport. The NHL is where is was depite those fools, now with thier dirctions they sank the ship.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Mountain Dude said:
The Owners only want a cap, and the PA refuses one, its laughable you think anything will change in the last hours when it hasn't in the last 10 years.

:shakehead

It's laughable that you and so many other posters think that just because they say they won't pick up the phone again, that the seasons done, you guys think that the NHL, the only major sports league to cancel a season should that happen, will be cancelled without even a fight, if that happens, they might as well pack it up for good, cause they'll have zero credibility if that should happen...

A season cancellation brings a whole new set of problems aside from just this CBA war, a whole new set of problems, problems that me and you can't even imagine...

don't laugh at me cause I refuse to swallow everything that poured into our mouths by the owners, PA, and the media

One side is going to break, or both, can't see players like Messier, Leetch, Belfour, etc. ending their carreers like this, that will never happen

Mountain Dude

417 TO MTL said:
:shakehead

It's laughable that you and so many other posters think that just because they say they won't pick up the phone again, that the seasons done, you guys think that the NHL, the only major sports league to cancel a season should that happen, will be cancelled without even a fight, if that happens, they might as well pack it up for good, cause they'll have zero credibility if that should happen...

A season cancellation brings a whole new set of problems aside from just this CBA war, a whole new set of problems, problems that me and you can't even imagine...

don't laugh at me cause I refuse to swallow everything that poured into our mouths by the owners, PA, and the media

One side is going to break, or both, can't see players like Messier, Leetch, Belfour, etc. ending their carreers like this, that will never happen

All that stuff bolded, has no relevance to anything. And this is probably the best way for Messier to go out, looking for more money, thats what he's been doing for the past 5 years.

I never said they wouldn't pick up the phone, I said that they just both want different things. And I think that the players are too stupid and arrogant to know that they're beaten, and the owners shouldn't cave in because they're writing the cheques, they should be calling all the shots.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Mountain Dude said:
All that stuff bolded, has no relevance to anything. And this is probably the best way for Messier to go out, looking for more money, thats what he's been doing for the past 5 years.

I never said they wouldn't pick up the phone, I said that they just both want different things. And I think that the players are too stupid and arrogant to know that they're beaten, and the owners shouldn't cave in because they're writing the cheques, they should be calling all the shots.

Of course it has relevance, it's reasons why the NHL will never cancel a season...look, I may be wrong, but I believe in my heart 120% that the season will be saved, although I want the owenrs to actually flush this season and really squeeze the players...

I keep asking myself after yesterday, why wasn't the season cancelled yesterday?

Like another poster said, this is just a high stakes game of chicken...

Mountain Dude

417 TO MTL said:
Of course it has relevance, it's reasons why the NHL will never cancel a season...look, I may be wrong, but I believe in my heart 120% that the season will be saved, although I want the owenrs to actually flush this season and really squeeze the players...

I keep asking myself after yesterday, why wasn't the season cancelled yesterday?

Like another poster said, this is just a high stakes game of chicken...

The thing about this game of chicken though, is that both sides really would rather see themselves and the other person die than give in. Unlike most games of chicken that when it comes right down to it, where both sides would cave, the NHL and the NHLPA will both drive off the edge.

And I hope that the NHL does fold, because I have no purpose for it anymore.

Edit: let me rephrase that, I'd rather the NHL folds than not getting a hard cap at 42 million.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
This is simply a process of negotiation I am sure there will be another proposal soon (from the NHLPA) and this could go on all week (even if gary said the season would be cancelled, if the nogotiations are going well enough..). I still think we can see hockey this year. I was really down yesterday then sit back and realise that this process of negotiation is hard to follow. The fact that Gary did not cancelled the season yesterday was proof enough that its not over. The fact that they are always telling us that there is no negotiation when there are in fact giving a new proposition should be enough to understand that they are hiding everything to the public....This will all be finish soon and we will see hockey again !

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
CRAZY_FAN said:
This is simply a process of negotiation I am sure there will be another proposal soon (from the NHLPA) and this could go on all week (even if gary said the season would be cancelled, if the nogotiations are going well enough..). I still think we can see hockey this year. I was really down yesterday then sit back and realise that this process of negotiation is hard to follow. The fact that Gary did not cancelled the season yesterday was proof enough that its not over. The fact that they are always telling us that there is no negotiation when there are in fact giving a new proposition should be enough to understand that they are hiding everything to the public....This will all be finish soon and we will see hockey again !

Now that's logical thinking... :handclap: good job weaving through all the lies to find out what really is going on...the funny part is, we could be sitting here next week talking about the same thing, and the season will still be on the brink, drafting CBA documents by the weekend dosen't sound like a drop dead date to me

Crazy Lunatic

417 TO MTL said:
Now that's logical thinking... :handclap: good job weaving through all the lies to find out what really is going on...the funny part is, we could be sitting here next week talking about the same thing, and the season will still be on the brink, drafting CBA documents by the weekend dosen't sound like a drop dead date to me

Are you serious? He said that if the CBA wasn't being put on paper by the weekend an announcement to cancel the season will be made early next week (Monday or Tuesday). That's a drop dead date. Hey, I hope they make progress and you are right, but I doubt it. The season is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad