Status
Not open for further replies.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
pYEbFcH.gif

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Leafs in 7 tough games, or maybe even less wouldn't surprise me.

Kessel will rise to the occasion. Dion, Bozie, Lupul, Kadri, Kule, Mcclement, Komarov, Fraser, Franson will all lead.

Lots or Orr and Mclaren in this series. And maybe a surprise from Joe Colborne.

We have a bigger and tougher team than Boston has at the moment, get used to it Leafs fans, nothing to fear.

Most importantly we have Reimer.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Fug.

I already think this team is not really play-off ready. Too inconsistent in their efforts. But at I also look upon the Habs in much the same way. They don't strike fear in the hearts of opponents the way the Bruins do.

Even if by some miracle, the Leafs beat the Bruins, they will be be too beat up and exhausted to do much else in the next round.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
Kessel has been wilting in the face of the Bruins for a few seasons now. With the added pressure of the playoffs, this will be his real test.

Low shot totals will come back to bite Leafs if they can't reverse the trend.

Reimer's been solid this season, but playoffs are a whole new level of pressure and he has seemed susceptible when the heat gets turned up in the past.

Regardless, it's going to be one hell of a series! Two original six teams, Leafs fans rabid for playoff hockey, plenty of storylines.

Anything can happen!

:yo:

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
We are going have to lineup a tough team, big tough defence, all the fighters in the lineup.

Mclearn-bozak-kessel
lupul-kadri-orr
jvr-maclement-kulimun
mac-grabo-kamorov

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
I don't get all the pessimism here or on the playoffs board, it won't be an easy series and it definitely won't be free-flowing or high-scoring, but it isn't a writeoff.

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
The person who drives the offence is going to be a no show against them and you ****in know it. I know our crappy blueline is not going to stop the transitional game of the Bruins.

Then don't watch.

First playoff series in 9 years and people are already expecting the team to **** the bed.

DrizzyTO

OVO
Mar 21, 2013
Sanctuary ||
LETS DO THIS!

GO LEAFS GO!

Thank god we're not facing the Habs, destroying their spirit in the season series should suffice since they aren't worth beating a second time.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
My thoughts from the GDT:

Not worried about Boston to be honest. Yes, I still think they'll beat us in a series, even though they've been dreadful lately (we haven't been much better), but it'll be a good test for our young players and we'll see if Kessel can finally step up against the Bruins. Plus, I could deal with losing to Boston much better than losing to Montreal.

Finally, there's no pressure for us to win that series. We will be the underdogs, which may work in our favour. If we lose, we were expected to. If we win, we slay the dragon so to speak.

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
I don't understand all the negativity here. It might actually be better that we are facing the struggling Boston instead of Montreal.

We have played very well against them this year (the last two games against them for sure) and I don't expect the Leafs to get swept by them.

Go Leafs go. It's been 9 years people. Let's enjoy this moment for once :)

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Leafs have met the Bruins 13 times in the playoffs in their history.

Record favouring Toronto 8-5. Last meeting in 1974.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
in unrelated news, i hope the wild burn and crash and get swept, im tired of my jackass friend chirping the leafs for everything that happens, as if he has anywhere to come from with his team squeaking into the playoffs with a bagillion dollars spent last offseason.\

leafs please beat the bruins so i can yell and scream in the faces of naysayers.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
The way I see it. The Toronto Maple Leafs have nothing to lose but everything to prove in this series. They lose and everyone takes it easy on them because it was expected. They win and the rest of the East sh*%S their collective pants.

Either way this will be an entertaining series.

William Nylander*

Wow, tons of chicken***** in this thread. If they're the best, then true competitors want to play the best.

Exactly. Each player on the Leafs should be extremely pumped for this matchup and finally get the monkey off their back. If they win this series, I can really see them making the ECF, maybe even more if the Pens get out before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad