It's finally fun to watch this team again

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Do you mean top ten pick? I hope so. Still kind of unreasonable to expect bedard alone to do that.

You’re looking at a home opener on the road and projecting too much of the season from it. Plus the start of the season is a real crapshoot. I take a lot of underdogs and generally do pretty well because of it.
Yeah, that's what I meant.

In no way did I expect them to be anywhere close to the playoffs. I just thought they wouldn't be complete dogshit.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
No I'm well aware. I did not think the Habs are that much better than the Hawks.

I expected Bedard alone to get the Hawks into the back end of the top 10 but I underestimated how terrible the remainder of the roster is.

I wouldn't have cared if they were competitive in that game but lost, but they weren't competitive.
They almost tied it in the 3rd and lost by a goal, I wouldn’t say it wasn’t competitive even though the first 2 periods they struggled.

You expected an 18 year old to bring the team into the top 10 in the NHL? Maybe I am misunderstanding you, I hope so

Reactions: ChiHawks10

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
They almost tied it in the 3rd and lost by a goal, I wouldn’t say it wasn’t competitive even though the first 2 periods they struggled.

You expected an 18 year old to bring the team into the top 10 in the NHL? Maybe I am misunderstanding you, I hope so

When I said that I was talking about draft position.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Yeah, that's what I meant.

In no way did I expect them to be anywhere close to the playoffs. I just thought they wouldn't be complete dogshit.
So through 5 games you have labeled their performance to date complete dogshit, wow….. 2 wins so far with that schedule is far from dog shit, its closer to a miracle

Reactions: shakes the clown

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
So through 5 games you have labeled their performance to date complete dogshit, wow….. 2 wins so far with that schedule is far from dog shit, its closer to a miracle
Remember last year? Early season is weird, a lot of teams aren't up to snuff yet.

Yeah, the schedule is absolutely brutal until late November.

When I talk about dogshit, I'm talking about the way most of the roster has played outside of Bedard, the Dickinson line and the goalies.

I'm really disappointed in Hall, he seems to have nothing left.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Remember last year? Early season is weird, a lot of teams aren't up to snuff yet.

Yeah, the schedule is absolutely brutal until late November.

When I talk about dogshit, I'm talking about the way most of the roster has played outside of Bedard, the Dickinson line and the goalies.

I'm really disappointed in Hall, he seems to have nothing left.
I disagree but hey, what do I know :)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
On the other hand hand is isxdefinitely fun to watch the Ottawa Senators now..theydo not even need Pinto...

And Jake Sanderson= good and pFUN...$9.5 is meh and I do not think we have ever seen any fun from him in hidalgo since he got here..and he costs $9.5 m whereas Sanderson who is 8 years younger costs the elc amount this seson and then ONLY $8.05m starting next season for 8 more batting yeats!!!Now that would be Fun but the rest of S.Jones co tract is NOT FUN at all.

Capiche?

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Oh ya it’s so much fun watching this team kill one of Beddard’s most important years of development having zero first liners around him to feed him the puck and help him grow his game. This team has zero puck possession, it’s filled with 3rd/4th liners/non NHLers. We were rock bottom last year and rock bottom this year, there is zero improvement minus Beddard which we are ruining and is gonna demand a trade a couple years down the line if this team continues to be pathetic.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
Oh ya it’s so much fun watching this team kill one of Beddard’s most important years of development having zero first liners around him to feed him the puck and help him grow his game. This team has zero puck possession, it’s filled with 3rd/4th liners/non NHLers. We were rock bottom last year and rock bottom this year, there is zero improvement minus Beddard which we are ruining and is gonna demand a trade a couple years down the line if this team continues to be pathetic.
Generational overreaction.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Why are you here?

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
the issue is if you start adding players too soon. Columbus, DET, montreal STL MINN Nash, you are better but not a ST cup level then you are stuck in fighting for the playoffs grouping Which means you draft 13-20 ever year and are generally up against the cap.

Since KD took over:
Trades:
Lafferty for Nylander
Hagel, for Raddysh, Katchuk moore and 2024 1st
MAF for Ryan Greene
Carpenter for 2024 5th
CAT for KK, Ludwinski and 2024 3rd
DACH for Nazar and hayes
mzarek to move up 13 picks Rinsel
Riley stillman for JD and 2024 2nd
got Nikita Zaitsev and Roman Kantserov and 2026 4th
mcab and lafferty 2 5ths for 2025 1st 2026 2nd
kane for Martin misak and 2025 4th
2025 2nd for Max Domi
Hall and foigno for mitchel and regula
Josh bailey and 2026 2nd

I left some really minor trades. who last off season would you have signed knowing we were only offering 1 or 2 year deals so we can leave money open for when we went to compete for playoffs. what KD has done in 1.5 years has been pretty solid. which of the above deals would you not have done a 2nd time?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Playing teams that are in the Cup conversation is never gonna be particularly fun. For whatever reason, the Hawks got these teams in a massively front-loaded fashion.

It'll be more fun when they are playing other bad teams, or even more mid teams. If the schedule was more normal and these games against teams like Boston, Colorado and Vegas were scattered throughout the season, these a*s-whoopings wouldn't stand out as much.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Brutal schedule.

Have you seen the upcoming games? They can easily end up 2-12 by mid-November.
I have no complaints about their compete level.

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The thread starting topic now seems way ore-mature...no..itcain't fun watching this re-build and getting schooled by the NHL 's top teams..

Fun on DELAY..

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010
We should just suck again this year and get a top 4 pick.

Bedard is going to be a star regardless of his linemates in his rookie year.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
With Kk and Murphy both beibg -7 which projects to -82 for each of them,you can see this is a serious problem.

Kaiser is holding at 0 in plus minus so that is ok..

Vlasic at +5is the best on the Dcoros and SJ $9.5 is now at just +2 having trended down from his peak at +5 iat one time in the earlier games...

But overall it is tge Kk and Murphy combo that is horrid in the d-zone.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
adam-scott-are-we-having-fun-yet.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad