GDT: It's been so long since we've played, we've forgotten how GDTs work

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
In reality, if Kooch is really out, this is a lost season without a move for a goalie

Freddie isn't coming back anytime soon, Raanta cannot be trusted to play anything more than an occasional strategic spot start, and the only other goalie on the roster is an ECHL backup. We are f***ed if he's down

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
In reality, if Kooch is really out, this is a lost season without a move for a goalie

Freddie isn't coming back anytime soon, Raanta cannot be trusted to play anything more than an occasional strategic spot start, and the only other goalie on the roster is an ECHL backup. We are f***ed if he's down

If he is really out, I would be shocked if a move isn’t made within the week.

I wasn’t a big “need a move right now” guy when Kochetkov/Raanta were struggling. But Raanta/Perets would be a borderline emergency even if Raanta was himself right now.

Can’t move forward with a guy who’s supposed to play every 10 days and a guy who might as well be Jack LaFontaine.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Koochie listed as upper body (does that actually mean anything?) so may be as I initially suspected, concussion protocol… not good but better than any significant long term lower body injury if this is the case
Team orthopedic followed him into the lockerroom but came back out shortly thereafter. Probably a good indicator it is a concussion rather than knee

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
In 1928, head coach Lester Patrick, a former star in his playing days, inserted himself into the net when his starting goalie was injured. He successfully defended the net and won the game, and his team went on to win the Stanley Cup.

I’m just saying.
Rod the Bod doesn't even need to don goaltender equipment. Those muscles are already make him to cover more of the net than a Michelin Man like Vasilevskiy

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

I wasn’t a big “need a move right now” guy when Kochetkov/Raanta were struggling. But Raanta/Perets would be a borderline emergency even if Raanta was himself right now.

Can’t move forward with a guy who’s supposed to play every 10 days and a guy who might as well be Jack LaFontaine.
Yeah I mean it wasn't ideal before but Kooch calmed a lot of worries with his play. But outside of him our goaltending situation is probably mediocre for ev n AHL standards, given Raanta's play in Chicago after being waived.

We are in dire lost season territory if Kooch is out for any significant time.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville

Who's trading the Canes a quality goalie?

Reactions: Svechhammer

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
If it's a concussion, we're probably talking 2-3 weeks. Just enough time for the org to keep rolling the dice in goal, unfortunately. Especially when you have a team that can play shutdown pretty well. The problem is that really messes with the current mojo. Oh well. Shit happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad