Post-Game Talk: It's been one hell of a ride, boys. One HELL of a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
They were skating in cement all night. Didn't deserve to win this year but they can address the fact that they need 2 solid stay at home defenseman and I wouldn't be adverse to trading Letang to do that. Just need fresh faces in that D core other than Dumolin and Schultz
I’d be ok with trading Letang and Maatta to revamp the D. Not sure who could be targeted tho.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I really can’t handle another Letang season. The guy owes me about $200 for my swear jar just from the playoffs. Move him to whatever team wants to deal with his constant mental mistakes.

He owes me big time for my blood pressure medication..

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So when is the next game? October 10th give or take? 5 months from now? ughhh

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Been an absolute BLAST the last 3 years. A hell of a run! Proud to be a Pens fan!

It's my wife's fault. More on that after I go on my long car ride to ease my nerves and chew a whole can.

Again, hell of a ride!

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The team looked great exactly 2 times this year. Once when Sprong was up and was quickly sent back down. Next was about 2 weeks before the TDL and then Brassard (which a few braves souls had the foresight to question).

Lastly, Sully never dressed his best lineup. Way too many passengers at forward who didn't score, can't forecheck, can't play physical, can't win board battles and did not provide any spark.

How many of those forward did Sprong tie in goal scoring in the playoffs without ever playing one game??

Meatloaf

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Sucks but it's not the worst thing in the world. After all the stressful games the last couple years, it will be nice to have May/June freed up to do other less stressful stuff.

Incredible run that no one can take away from them. Sid and Geno's legacies are secure, and they'll be back next year with Phil and Brassard healthy again.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Agree with a lot of your sentiments:

1) Threepeat was improbable, so not all that surprised;
2) Capitals were the better team in key moments. Took a page out of the Sens book tonight and just waited for the Pens to gift them scoring chances. Pens need to be a little more flexible in their style going forward. If a team is playing a 1-4, you really need to simpify. Turnover margin was massive, mostly because the Pens kept trying to stickhandle through 4 caps each time up the ice.
3)Need to to do something with the defence in the off-season. Aside from Dumo, there isn't much to like back there in their current roles.
4) At least we didn't lose to the Flyers.

Reactions: StaalForOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad