Post-Game Talk: It's been one hell of a ride, boys. One HELL of a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Disappointed, but after back to back cups it's hard to be that mad. This team looked like it just completely ran out of gas. We'll be refueled and more hungry for another cup next year. Hoping for a Tampa vs Vegas showdown in the finals.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
8c4019c4e6a683ecc25e731067fcf8b3.gif

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Lol. They don't stand a chance against Tampa. Neither did we, so I'm happy the guys will get an extra 2 weeks off.

Oh I know he won't actually win it. Every other remaining team is better than Washington. I just like him and think it would be cool to see him get it after all this time. He rules.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Sigh. Well that was depressing. And to top it off Kuznetzov insisted on doing that stupid celebration.... jesus is it obnoxious.

A 3-peat was always going to be close to impossible.

In the end they just didn't have it this year. Fatigue, chemistry, and Letang did them in.

Rest up boys... you really do deserve it.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Not even mad but I knew we were gonna lose. No Backstrom and we still lose, that's rather embarrassing but that's hockey.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Anyways, Who cares. Can't always win it.

Didn't like Sullivan's lines. You gotta get Brassard in the top 9 in OT. Absurd that he didn't see any ice time. He has been pretty good the last two games. Hard to produce with 10 mins and Sheary and Kuhn as your wingers.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
Matt Murray gave the five hole away there. Pretty much a goal every time.

But Letang was on the ice again, and his pea brain didn't transition to defense.. which allowed Kuznetsov to slip right through. Letang has had his run on this team. They don't need him to win it. They probably win this series without him too. Time to move on Kris. Take Edgar Synder with you.

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
They were skating in cement all night. Didn't deserve to win this year but they can address the fact that they need 2 solid stay at home defenseman and I wouldn't be adverse to trading Letang to do that. Just need fresh faces in that D core other than Dumolin and Schultz

Yuri35

Mar 11, 2018
I can ***** about a lot of things, but honestly **** it. Back to back. I have nothing but love and respect for this team. We came up short. Oh well. I thank you Sully and the Pens for this amazing ride. So many amazing memories with friends, family, and loved ones.

Thank you.

Well said
Feel exactly the same, they gave their all I think even though some of our stars definitely weren't at their best (Letang and Kessel especially)
Obviously not happy that it was the Caps who ended our run but somehow I feel happy for Ovie, he deserves better success in PO and contrary to many, I wouldn't write off the caps against TB or against any team now they've beaten their nemesis.
It could prove to be a huge mental step for them.

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
We'll get back to the top next year. This team needs some changes and I expect it will happen this Summer.

But what a ride these past two years have been, can't wait to do it again.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Lol a bunch of you should get quoted on the Penguins Facebook posts thing. We didn't play well as a team, there's no use blaming Letang for a turnover or Murray for a goal when we barely generated a thing at the other end all series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad