GDT: It's a Wonderful Streak! Red Wings @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

I wish the Zajac experiment on the PP would end already! Does he look like a young Gretzky on the PP during practice? I don’t get it.

Agreed, he needs to be off the power play, especially the top pairing. If Hynes wants a strong faceoff guy on each unit, why are Boyle and Zajac on the same one?

Reactions: EdisonDevil

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Just a side note... does this team not practice faceoffs? Every time I look, I see Hall, Palmieri, Stafford, and Hayes taking faceoffs.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Not till midnight lol, might as well draw it out as long as possible in case of injury tonight.

giphy.gif

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
Not that Zacha has played well enough to be the 2nd C, but I would rather Zajac between Col and Gib, and Boyle between Wood and Noesen. Those lines seemed to really work well together. That obviously leaves Zacha the 2nd C, but between Mojo and Palms, that's not that worst. He has been playing a little better game to game.

I agree. While I am one of the bigger Zacha supporters, I would like him with those guys more because of how well I think Boyle and Zajac have fit with the other guys.

As far as the PP goes, with Boyle and his faceoffs already being on the 1st unit, what value is Zajac bringing?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Prout seems the most logical. We don't need 8 defensemen and his game vs. Lovejoy's is redundant.

Hayes and Stafford can be inserted to give our wingers a break and are good veteran presences, I think it makes sense to carry both.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Prout seems the most logical. We don't need 8 defensemen and his game vs. Lovejoy's is redundant.

Hayes and Stafford can be inserted to give our wingers a break and are good veteran presences, I think it makes sense to carry both.
Agreed. It has to be Prout.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

I agree, plus Mirco should be back within a few weeks...then another call has to be made

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It's hard to complain with how this team has been playing, but my one gripe is Zajac on the PP. I'm not sure I understand why he's out there on our first unit? Seems like a perfect place to put Zacha to get his confidence going. And he was one of our better PP players last year, I'm not sure I understand why he doesn't really get any time there. With all that said, Zajac is absolutely going to get a PP goal tonight because of this post lol.

Reactions: EdisonDevil

DevilDog

The Original Dog
Mar 2, 2007
Dirty Jerz
Yay hockey is back! Excited and nervous for the stretch run here as this is where we would usually fold the last few seasons. I think this team has the talent to raise their game to match the rest of the league this year.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
It's hard to complain with how this team has been playing, but my one gripe is Zajac on the PP. I'm not sure I understand why he's out there on our first unit? Seems like a perfect place to put Zacha to get his confidence going. And he was one of our better PP players last year, I'm not sure I understand why he doesn't really get any time there. With all that said, Zajac is absolutely going to get a PP goal tonight because of this post lol.
They play completely different positions on the PP. Zajac facilitates well as the pivot man in the middle. You've got Palmieri, Johansson, Bratt, Hischier, etc. ahead of Zacha.

Screen_Shot_2013-11-06_at_3.11.44_PM.png

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
They play completely different positions on the PP. Zajac facilitates well as the pivot man in the middle. You've got Palmieri, Johansson, Bratt, Hischier, etc. ahead of Zacha.

Screen_Shot_2013-11-06_at_3.11.44_PM.png
He really stinks in his role though and has never been a great PP player. He has zero points on the PP this season and has looked clumsy and terrible in the offensive zone in every situation really. Zacha put up a very respectable 5.8 pts/60 on the PP last season, he should get some time.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I agree. While I am one of the bigger Zacha supporters, I would like him with those guys more because of how well I think Boyle and Zajac have fit with the other guys.

As far as the PP goes, with Boyle and his faceoffs already being on the 1st unit, what value is Zajac bringing?

Sometimes he brings donuts other times coffee. Once he brought fixings for make your own pizza and the guys really enjoyed that.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Just a side note... does this team not practice faceoffs? Every time I look, I see Hall, Palmieri, Stafford, and Hayes taking faceoffs.

I still don't understand putting Palmieri out there in OT against the Rangers last week to take one of the faceoffs, with who I believe was Hall on his wing.

Reactions: SteveCangialosi123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad