• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Right- a very flawed team that has nothing but “hopes”

Yeah I actually am having that same feeling this year. Last year was so much fun that I think it’s only natural to feel a bit less invested in this group. I also think Mica and Kreider specifically are just very hard for me to root for. They have all the god given talent in the world, worked hard to get to the NHL and now are just so bland and boring and have no grit or personality that it’s just hard to get excited for them.

We have no character guys on this current roster to root for and even our young guys are not exciting or particularly engaging personalities.
If they were a bit more engaging on both sides of the whistle it would not be so hard to endure a losing season . I find it hard to watch guys struggling when they don't leave it all on the ice . Miller/Schneider and Laf/KK-Gauthier/Blais are all bigger kids....they should be setting a tone and become pricks at times if they are not lighting up the scoreboard . To play like that does not mean you take bad penalties ...it can be accomplished . It certainly won't cramp their style as it looks like none of them will ever be offensive juggernauts anytime soon .

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'd call Kravtsov's floating a good way to get scratched from the line up again.
People don't understand how he gets to center ice, its what smart offensive players do, he's not just sitting out there. When the puck is on the opposite wall the rw slowly moves out of the zone taking the dman with them, it creates two things, an outlet for the lw/c and it takes away an option for the opposing teams d if they get the puck, so now they have to either throw it at the net or into the corner and at that point the rw would come back in the zone. He's not out there cherry picking

Can Laf be worked into a deal that brings Chychrun here?
God no

Reactions: FUZfan

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Anyone else having the middle age disillusionment hit them hard lately? I loved this team as a kid. It’s not the same team, but I still love them for some reason.

I hate several players on this team. My favorite players are on other teams. This isn’t fun to watch.

What am I doing?
You’re no longer hero worshipping adults who get paid millions of dollars but don’t show up to work some nights.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Winning goal on shesterkin too btw .. soft garbage - he looked Henrik softqoalqvist.
It would have been nice to make the save, but any time you give up a breakaway, you can't be faulting the goalie as the full reason for the loss. I know it's OT, but this team gets caught way too much during OT. They either lose it at the top of the zone dropping the puck back 500 times or they shoot and have it end up around the other way.

Zibanejad looked like he didn't give a crap on his breakaway. This is a bad team and just because they fire shots on net fans will look and say "But, there numbers are better than last season". They were a bad team last season. They're still a bad team this season. The difference is the powerplay and the saves above expectations. They don't have it this season.

Last edited:

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I was never a fan of the move to acquire Trouba at that price. I thought he had an outlier season in the Peg and got a team to greatly over pay. He's been better than he has shown the last month, but not very much better.

Miller, on the other hand, is a bit concerning. He looked like he took some great strides last year, only to revert back. He's making some really poor decisions. I'm optimistic that the turns it around but for now, he stinks.

I really think this team needs a guy that will start breaking some shit in the room. A leader who has been through it and won Cups. Relying on a new coach may work, but odds are it will not.
People are too enamored by size. Give me skating and IQ over that anyways.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I don't know if I missed something last night, but did they cut the post game short after vally started criticizing the team?!

I don't know if I went to the bathroom during it, but I didn't see the blue shirts bar segment or any real follow-up portions after he started questioning the players and the organization. My stream kind of cut away to the two girls in the lounge doing the fluff pieces.

I really hope they don't try to start neutering vally

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I was never a fan of the move to acquire Trouba at that price. I thought he had an outlier season in the Peg and got a team to greatly over pay. He's been better than he has shown the last month, but not very much better.

Miller, on the other hand, is a bit concerning. He looked like he took some great strides last year, only to revert back. He's making some really poor decisions. I'm optimistic that the turns it around but for now, he stinks.

I really think this team needs a guy that will start breaking some shit in the room. A leader who has been through it and won Cups. Relying on a new coach may work, but odds are it will not.
Trouba was good last year. Not 8m good but he was good. This year , the weight of the C , combined with whatever injury he’s carrying plus the whole team in a malaise has made him look like one of the worst players in the league.

Reactions: turcotte8

CsideEr

Jun 17, 2006
Some observations from the game last night:

Again liked Kravstov's game. You can see the potential. He's in the neutral zone a lot when the puck is in the defensive zone. Some will call that floating, others will call it looking to generate offense.

Gallant had Kakko with Goodrow and Trocheck to protect the lead with 2 minutes left. Showing confidence in Kakko's defensive game. Which is great, but that's not what they drafted him for.

Laf remains invisible. It's disheartening. But so was Stutzle.

Love Tkachuk's game. He stands out every shift. And he was yelling at his own bench after fighting Trouba. He's an animal. Rangers could use a player like him.
Should’ve traded panarin for his brother

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Giants are 23rd out of 32 in points.

When he gets better players, he'll be considered better, like every coach in every team sport.
I think that's an oversimplification.

You can analyze coaches outside of counting numbers just like players.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So why the hell did we give up assets for him and then pay him big money? f*** Gorton for that move.
Dolan chickened out on the full rebuild when he saw season ticket renewals.

Results on that were mixed.

I maintain that Panarin is a player you sign regardless if you can and they won two lotteries.

At the same time, they can't give those lottery picks the investment they needed to and they got stuck with Trouba's contract after ending up with an embarrassment of riches at RD.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
We are the punching bag of the league this season.

I don't expect everyone to be starting fights each game, but man what a wilted group this team is. The coaching probably needs to be changed but the players are just as guilty for this embarrassment of a season. No pride whatsoever

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Dolan chickened out on the full rebuild when he saw season ticket renewals.

Results on that were mixed.

I maintain that Panarin is a player you sign regardless if you can and they won two lotteries.

At the same time, they can't give those lottery picks the investment they needed to and they got stuck with Trouba's contract after ending up with an embarrassment of riches at RD.
Agreed on Panarin. Trouba is just a dinosaur GM signing. Whats the value of a defensemen whose defense is suspect and offense is nothing to write home about or at least doesn't make up for his defense. I'd rather ice six John Marinos.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Agreed on Panarin. Trouba is just a dinosaur GM signing. Whats the value of a defensemen whose defense is suspect and offense is nothing to write home about or at least doesn't make up for his defense. I'd rather ice six John Marinos.
I tend to agree. I think Trouba's offense is underrated and he's a top 4 D, but he's overpaid on the basis of associating big hits with defense.

The best defender on the Rangers is 5-nothing Adam Fox who never has to hit anybody.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The last presser i saw Laf do he wasnt the same happy guy, imo there is a very very high chance of him asking for a trade before his next deal and i wouldnt blame him. Jack Hughes already has his money and NY is gonna stagnate his development and then tell him he hasn't played well enough so here's 2 more years of being a 3rd liner at 2 mill a year. I still feel Drury is a cancer to the kids and he needs to go.
That seems quite extreme..

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York

There are worse middle pairing defensemen than Trouba in the league but none are getting paid 8 million a season. As usual if he got a sensible contract (4-6 million) I can easily stomach some of his short-comings but Rangers and sensible don't go hand in hand

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I tend to agree. I think Trouba's offense is underrated and he's a top 4 D, but he's overpaid on the basis of associating big hits with defense.

The best defender on the Rangers is 5-nothing Adam Fox who never has to hit anybody.
Yea because in order of importance you have IQ, skating, physicality imo.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
OT goal a microcosm of Igor’s season. Overcommits to the extreme on the backhand deke leaving 5 hole open. It happens to the best of em but usually not that badly. Spread them so wide a refined lady of night would blush. Literally could have fit a beach ball in there.

Mika’s breakaway was an ok choice I guess, but he’s got a plethora of slick moves to use such a simple one. Looked like a Laf move tbh ‘I’m just gonna force this puck through god dammit’
People did their homework on Igor. It’s that simple.

As for the breakaway, Mika basically committed to glove side high the way he was skating. Better go straight in with a quick snapshot during games.

Reactions: romba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad