Pre-Game Talk: It won't be a "Par-easy" win, need a good effort or will end up being "Zuckers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
The fact that they are playing their backup/3rd goalie gives us a good chance, our offense has been on fire to start so if they can keep it up I like our chances.

However we need our D to step up now, with the Wild, Hawks and Anaheim coming up :(

The upcoming stretch is the real test for us. So far we've been facing cream puffs and pretenders. I would be content with a 1-2 run. Anything more than that will impress me.

jbell886

Sep 6, 2009
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 1m

James van Riemsdyk has left the morning skate. Sat out yesterday's practice additionally (maintenance).

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Nice to see Reimer being kept fresh, getting the start. Should need no motivation to have a great game. We'll need it. Wild are limiting shots by the opposition to around 21 per game and roughly 2 goals against average. It will be a goaltenders battle and Reimer will be the one tested more than the other.

Maybe playing a stingy defensive team will bring out similar qualities in the Leafs.:nod:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He looked fine Saturday. Any word on what's wrong with him?

Probably not something serious obviously, but could be a pulled muscle, which can really start hurting once the body cools down, hence why he finished the game Saturday.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Reimer will start tonight, via the score update.

I'm glad that the coaching staff is actually making this a goaltender battle (or making it seem like it). Minnesota is not an easy team and hopefully Reimer can have a big rebound from the Ottawa game.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
These injuries are starting to get out of hand. I hope it won't be one of those years where we will never get to see a full lineup.

Vxnation

Jul 27, 2012
He looked fine Saturday. Any word on what's wrong with him?

My guess is shoulder. I believe it was midway through last game he got dusted on a power play or pk? His shoulder got crunched on the boards and he was wincing. Kept playing then he got shoved into the bench. It was around that time if anyone else can recall it. Either way he didnt sit out but maybe he should have

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I'd like to see this given a shot. Except Gunnar - Rielly should be second pairing.

Agreed, would love to see Franson get a shot. I think he's good enough with his defensive positioning to insulate Phaneuf when he goes for his bonehead pinches

If JVR is hurt, it'll be devastating. He's been unbelievable, in another world compared to before this season

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 10m

James Reimer's only game against the Wild resulted in a 29 save shutout performance in his rookie season.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Probably not something serious obviously, but could be a pulled muscle, which can really start hurting once the body cools down, hence why he finished the game Saturday.

Hopefully this.

My guess is shoulder. I believe it was midway through last game he got dusted on a power play or pk? His shoulder got crunched on the boards and he was wincing. Kept playing then he got shoved into the bench. It was around that time if anyone else can recall it. Either way he didnt sit out but maybe he should have

and not this.

did he see the ice in OT?

Khobahi

Feb 13, 2013
Canada
UHG...

I hope JVR is ok, but i would rather him sit and get 100% then play and seriously injure anything.

EitherOr

Oct 13, 2013
Toronto, Ont
If JVR is out we are really in tough. Watching the Wild play last night they really play hard along the boards. With Kulemin and Clarkson already out, its gonna be a tough game in that regard.

Fabulous

Life & Death
May 13, 2013
Canada
Glad to see Reimer get the nod tonight, keep him fresh and ready. Hope JvR's injury is nothing serious and he's good to go tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad