Pre-Game Talk: Isles

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't know about his availability. It was hard to tell from the video what actually happened but I can't imagine it being too serious. He wasn't exactly wincing in pain. That said the our Aho has taken his spot in the line-up and in the last 10 games or so, Dobson wasn't that much of a factor in their great play of late. He's actually been kind of cold the last 15 games or so and went on quite the points drought. Hopefully with this time off he will turn out to be a positive factor for my Isles in this series, but I don't think he played a pivotal part in the Isles late surge.

Good to know. My Islanders have only a 5% chance of taking this series.
5% is being generous. The honorable tthing to do would be to forfeit the series before it even begins to save everyone the time and trouble. I'll expect your resignation on my desk by tomorrow morning.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
5% is being generous. The honorable tthing to do would be to forfeit the series before it even begins to save everyone the time and trouble. I'll expect your resignation on my desk by tomorrow morning.
20240414_171042.jpg

Reactions: WreckingCrew

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Because of injuries and under-performance our lines were especially jumbled down the stretch.

I would really be interested in hearing people's thoughts on 1) your ideal lines to start the playoffs (including goalies) and 2) what you THINK the lines will look like.

1) I'm still pondering this. But outside of the obvious GAJ line, I would like to free Svech from the Staal line (assuming his continued good behavior) and stack him or another skill player with Nachos. The center of that line is up in the air for me. I also like the idea of a goalie rotation of Fred and Kooch--don't know how likely that is though.

2) Outside of GAJ, I have no idea at this point. Also probably Freddie gets the green light.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Because of injuries and under-performance our lines were especially jumbled down the stretch.

I would really be interested in hearing people's thoughts on 1) your ideal lines to start the playoffs (including goalies) and 2) what you THINK the lines will look like.

1) I'm still pondering this. But outside of the obvious GAJ line, I would like to free Svech from the Staal line (assuming his continued good behavior) and stack him or another skill player with Nachos. The center of that line is up in the air for me. I also like the idea of a goalie rotation of Fred and Kooch--don't know how likely that is though.

2) Outside of GAJ, I have no idea at this point. Also probably Freddie gets the green light.
My lines at home:

GAJ
Svech-Kuzy-Turbo
Marty-Staal-fast
Noesen-KK-Necas

Away

GAJ
Turbo-Drury-Necas
Svech-Staal-Fast
Marty-Kuzy-Noesen

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't think the Isles have lost in regulation time the last 10 games.
They’ve lost 1 in regulation in their last 10. They’ve also won 6 games in regulation in their last 10. They are 8-1-1 so 2 of their wins and one of their losses were not in regulation.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Honestly, I’m OK with that. I typically don’t work Sundays due to plans Sunday afternoon/evening (which made all of March really suck), so if I can work the game and still have time to do my other plans? Fine by me.

The 3:00 slot would suck though.
Yeah, selfishly I'm ok with 12:30 as well since both kids should be napping by 1 or so and I'll be able to watch most of the game live on a tv instead of my phone.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Game 1 Sunday means we'd very likely get a game in NY the following weekend, which I'd be able to go to so I'm completely good with Sunday.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad