Post-Game Talk: Isles

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
What are the stastics for the second OA seed or third overall seed winning the cup over the same period? I doubt it is substantially different from the number one seed.

Oh, probably not very different at all. IIRC, though, we won the Cup in 2006 as the league's 2 seed.

With Boston losing we are guaranteed 2nd in the East and home ice against everyone but the Rags

Rest all the key players against Columbus and play all the ELC guys. Let Martin get one last game in goal.

Give me all of them, frankly. We have the cap space to play all of our AHL guys for 1 game.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Never expected the Islanders to become a common playoff foe but here we are.

Just f***ing win please

I always worry that this will finally be the season that Varlamov and Sorokin goalie us out of the playoffs, and it doesn't happen. Hopefully we evade that Canes-ian pastime for another series with them.

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
With Boston losing we are guaranteed 2nd in the East and home ice against everyone but the Rags

Rest all the key players against Columbus and play all the ELC guys. Let Martin get one last game in goal.
No your forgetting the Stars, If we make it guaranteed home ice in the SCF is worth it

Reactions: Stickpucker

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
No your forgetting the Stars, If we make it guaranteed home ice in the SCF is worth it
he did say guaranteed 2nd in the East, not league. I wouldn't worry too much about the last game just for a theoretical SC finals matchup with Dallas. Wouldn't hesitate to sit some guys, even with sitting some vets I think a W would still be pretty likely. No need to force or risk anything.

Reactions: IronCladCane

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
he did say guaranteed 2nd in the East, not league. I wouldn't worry too much about the last game just for a theoretical SC finals matchup with Dallas. Wouldn't hesitate to sit some guys, even with sitting some vets I think a W would still be pretty likely. No need to force or risk anything.
Vancouver can pass us too. Get one point and at least no worse than 3rd. But…guaranteed home game advantage once we are out of the division is still beneficial.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad