Speculation: Isles core not being pushed

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Thats the biggest problem imo. A lot on this board think these kids will come in and make an immediate impact. There's no guarantee that they ever will. I think Snow has done a good job but he has got to try and improve this team via trade or we are looking at a few more years of missing the playoff's.

In fairness, I think there is a legit chance that one of Strome, Nino, Nelson makes a decent impact next year (2nd line numbers). If you have three players that look to be NHL ready, there is a good chance that one of them will be. There is also a good chance that at least one of them won't ever be an impact player. That is the part that we need to remember.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I think you mean Dallas Eakins, not Carlye so much...now that's a guy who will be a head coach this time next year...I agree though, Cap isn't getting what he needs out of this team- he's always preaching how they need all 20 guys going...well, coach, get 'em going...

It was both Eakins and Carlyle. Carlyle was asked about his message to Nazem once the lockout ended and he made it clear what was expected of him in the NHL, what he could and could NOT get away with.

But certainly Eakins has been unbelievable with the AHL team. The turnover in the Leafs roster is almost all AHL players: Kotska, Fraser, Holzer, Frattin, Kadri, Komarov (though he played in the KHL as well)

In fairness, I think there is a legit chance that one of Strome, Nino, Nelson makes a decent impact next year (2nd line numbers). If you have three players that look to be NHL ready, there is a good chance that one of them will be. There is also a good chance that at least one of them won't ever be an impact player. That is the part that we need to remember.

It's not so much "are they ready" as it is "will they make the team better" - the Oilers have 5-6 incredibly talented young players who have far higher upside than Strome, Nino, Nelson - and they suck this year.

Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi, Gagner have ONE MORE GOAL than JT & MM have.

The Isles have ONE FORWARD that can make those around him better. That's been PROVEN to do that.

Arguably Nielsen is another one, I believe Bailey is one (though many disagree). So who are we going to surround these young players with exactly?

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
It was both Eakins and Carlyle. Carlyle was asked about his message to Nazem once the lockout ended and he made it clear what was expected of him in the NHL, what he could and could NOT get away with.

But certainly Eakins has been unbelievable with the AHL team. The turnover in the Leafs roster is almost all AHL players: Kotska, Fraser, Holzer, Frattin, Kadri, Komarov (though he played in the KHL as well)

It's not so much "are they ready" as it is "will they make the team better" - the Oilers have 5-6 incredibly talented young players who have far higher upside than Strome, Nino, Nelson - and they suck this year.

Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi, Gagner have ONE MORE GOAL than JT & MM have.

The Isles have ONE FORWARD that can make those around him better. That's been PROVEN to do that.

Arguably Nielsen is another one, I believe Bailey is one (though many disagree). So who are we going to surround these young players with exactly?
bingo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad