Islanders Point Blank: Isles coaching purge continues ( assistants out)

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
To respond I will quote the Beach Boys
" we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow, down in Kokomo"
If I know the date then of course the boss knows too. He has the power to hire and fire but the $$$ is made for both him and me with the tools that come out of the little bag with a handle on it and it goes wherever I go. Anyone can be a hockey scout . Very few can be an IBEW LOCAL 3 Electrician .
You’re a better man than me. If they told me I’m fired, but my last day will be next Friday, then I’m spending all next week doing f***-all, and looking for a new job.
BTW I’m in transmission and distribution. Much respect, brother.

Reactions: Sparksrus3

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
To respond I will quote the Beach Boys
" we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow, down in Kokomo"
If I know the date then of course the boss knows too. He has the power to hire and fire but the $$$ is made for both him and me with the tools that come out of the little bag with a handle on it and it goes wherever I go. Anyone can be a hockey scout . Very few can be an IBEW LOCAL 3 Electrician .

I'm pretty sure you're in a union that allows more people to join even though you're being furloughed for 10-12 weeks a year...how hard could it be?! :laugh:

My father is in Local 3, so I'm just busting your balls. I know it's a tough job and the union provides a lot of benefits.

Reactions: teknics

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I'm pretty sure you're in a union that allows more people to join even though you're being furloughed for 10-12 weeks a year...how hard could it be?! :laugh:

My father is in Local 3, so I'm just busting your balls. I know it's a tough job and the union provides a lot of benefits.

as a local 3 kid you have been raised with proper values I am sure and would bet that your pop is a fine man . As I get older I actually look forward to the 10-12 weeks off most years. In this organization you get as much out of it as you put into it. Only then can you appreciate how much it has to offer besides a job . I won't get into all that here other than the general statement. Ask pop to tell you a couple job stories. I bet once he starts rolling along he won't stop.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
as a local 3 kid you have been raised with proper values I am sure and would bet that your pop is a fine man . As I get older I actually look forward to the 10-12 weeks off most years. In this organization you get as much out of it as you put into it. Only then can you appreciate how much it has to offer besides a job . I won't get into all that here other than the general statement. Ask pop to tell you a couple job stories. I bet once he starts rolling along he won't stop.

When I was a kid I actually was allowed on the job with him since one of my uncles was some higher up guy in the shop. That was close to twenty years ago though. He had a job with a mom and pop shop out on the island for a while before then, made the switch to get into local 3 and it turned out to be one of the best decisions he ever made. He's the same way with the furlough as you, he's getting older with less kids to feed so he can take the time to relax and not wreck his body anymore than it already is. Great profession, even though it doesn't get the glory of some other ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad