Islanders Point Blank: Isles coaching purge continues ( assistants out)

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Personally. I LOVE what's going on here. Even if Lou gets it totally wrong (he won't), there's no team in the NHL that needed a culture change more than the Islanders, and the only way to do that is to bring in NEW people. You literally cannot teach an old dog new tricks, and the Isles basiacally had a team of unqualified dogs running the team.

Thank god for this purge of non-Cup level employees...

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
What do you have to do just before the new furniture is delivered?

Get rid of the old furniture.

how-to-start-a-junk-removal-business-2.jpg

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
All these moves were expected, you knew Lou was going to do this. Expect other dead weight to be gone prior to September...

Would also expect him to make changes to the scouts after the draft.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I think Thompson and Weight will find good spots elsewhere, Weight in management and Thompson coaching. I think they have real talent. Just not here anymore...

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Personally. I LOVE what's going on here. Even if Lou gets it totally wrong (he won't), there's no team in the NHL that needed a culture change more than the Islanders, and the only way to do that is to bring in NEW people. You literally cannot teach an old dog new tricks, and the Isles basiacally had a team of unqualified dogs running the team.

Thank god for this purge of non-Cup level employees...

Even if he gets it wrong, the most important thing is the country club members are gone. Starting with the president Snow. We’re going to be ran like a real franchise and business going forward I have no doubt.

Scott Malkin is the kid that needs to win at everything. I can tell.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
I also feel for Luke Richardson. Guy needs a win. I would have easily given him Bridgeport, but I'm sure he wants to be in the NHL. The only problem is no spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad