Recalled/Assigned: Isles Callup Brett Gallant

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
crasherino;82999107[B said:
]Maybe he'll dance with Neil tonight - we all know Martin would never [/B]dare.

With Neil and Kassian in the line up, you need someone to potentially drop the gloves in case it's needed. Halmo showed a lot of heart going up against Wilson but not sure he can do what Gallant can/would do.

Plus, the kid has earned a shot at playing with the big club - he's put in his time.

neil is a spot fighter, i don't think he would dare drop the gloves with martin. not defending martin tho bc he hasn't dropped the gloves much this year

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
neil is a spot fighter, i don't think he would dare drop the gloves with martin. not defending martin tho bc he hasn't dropped the gloves much this year

I really don't think he needed too drop the gloves this year as much as well. When have you honestly said too yourself during a game "MM really should have danced with someone and didn't" Think hard, think long, it's a darn good question. Also we blew how many leads? Did you want MM fighting up a goal or 2 or 3?

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
I really don't think he needed too drop the gloves this year as much as well. When have you honestly said too yourself during a game "MM really should have danced with someone and didn't" Think hard, think long, it's a darn good question. Also we blew how many leads? Did you want MM fighting up a goal or 2 or 3?

i never said i wanted him dropping the gloves with any lead, someone suggested a neil martin fight and i simply said neil is a spot fighter...which he is and that martin hasn't dropped the gloves all that often this season.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Not that big nope, but Gallant is probably the most common name on PEI. Don't think they are related. Wonder how Kassians nose is.......TKO
Gerard was a tough cookie also.

Kassian was cut under his right eye, will have a nice souvenir from his first meeting with Gallant. If I was Garth I would sign him again next season on an Islander 2 way contract just so none of our guys have to dance with him. Would be a good call up and tandem with Bolts for Flyer games.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It was a Knock down not knock out.

Still a beautiful shot that made the legs go right out. Couldn't believe Kassian poped right back up. Gallant is the real deal. I don't think we will see him much next year though because Boulton will be here. I don't see the point in having to enforcers.

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Not that big nope, but Gallant is probably the most common name on PEI. Don't think they are related.

You're right. Thousands of Gallants. Brett is not related, at least not closely, to Gerard. He is also not related to Gord Gallant, who was a World Hockey Association enforcer in the 70s.

Brett's father is Mike "Pinky" Gallant, who was apparently a tough playing in a PEI league in the 70s. Brett has two brothers, Brad and Alex, who are also hockey players.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00