Proposal: Islanders/Wild

entropism

May 8, 2011
New Jersey
Pominville our best defensive winger? :laugh:

Bailey must really suck.

Bailey is a good middle 6 option who gets **** on by the fanbase. He's decent on the PK, will give a good effort, and chip in 40 points. I think the Isles fans are all just disappointed because he was a 1st round pick who was rushed to the NHL.

That being said, he's listed as a center but does much better on the wing.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bailey is a good middle 6 option who gets **** on by the fanbase. He's decent on the PK, will give a good effort, and chip in 40 points. I think the Isles fans are all just disappointed because he was a 1st round pick who was rushed to the NHL.

That being said, he's listed as a center but does much better on the wing.

OK, thanks for the info. It's hard to know what's what out there...don't see many NYI games. Nelson, Strome and Bailey seem to have all been highly valued, then not met expectations...still young I know, but ...

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Outside of a bit of cap relief, I have zero interest in that deal.

I'd be far more interested in seeing what Pominville can do outside of the Yeo offensive vortex.

Golden Gophers 4649

Minnesota Hockey Fan
Jun 15, 2015
Minneapolis
Personally I wanted to see more of Haula/Pommer/Nino next season.

If you're worried about his NMC for the expansion draft it's simple; you politely ask him to waive his NMC {which I believe you are allowed to do}. I seriously doubt Las Vegas takes a 34 year old {soon to be 35} winger who is making over $5m per.

Chances are regardless if Pominville is protected they are taking Scandella or Zucker or Kuemper or Olofsson or Folin. It just makes sense. My guess is unless Zucker becomes a star this season or shows he's going to be a sure thing the Wild will tell Vegas we will leave him exposed and you take him. Problem solved.

Last edited:

entropism

May 8, 2011
New Jersey
OK, thanks for the info. It's hard to know what's what out there...don't see many NYI games. Nelson, Strome and Bailey seem to have all been highly valued, then not met expectations...still young I know, but ...

Nelson and Strome are different beasts. Nelson does really well to start the season, then tapers off drastically, and his effort in this past playoffs was disappointing, to say the least. He seems to fit the wing more than center, but Capuano insists on having that big center, so he sticks him there.

Conversely, Strome's rookie season was incredibly promising, especially when he centered a line with Nelson and Lee on his wings. He was defensively sound, skilled, had tremendous vision, looked like he was living up to his draft expectations. For some damn reason, Capuano INSISTS on playing him at wing, where he looks completely out of place, and refuses to play him at center, where he plays like a beast. I have no doubt that the coach, along with the disappointment of being demoted to the AHL killed him last year, and I have no doubt he'll be back in full force this season.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Nelson and Strome are different beasts. Nelson does really well to start the season, then tapers off drastically, and his effort in this past playoffs was disappointing, to say the least. He seems to fit the wing more than center, but Capuano insists on having that big center, so he sticks him there.

Conversely, Strome's rookie season was incredibly promising, especially when he centered a line with Nelson and Lee on his wings. He was defensively sound, skilled, had tremendous vision, looked like he was living up to his draft expectations. For some damn reason, Capuano INSISTS on playing him at wing, where he looks completely out of place, and refuses to play him at center, where he plays like a beast. I have no doubt that the coach, along with the disappointment of being demoted to the AHL killed him last year, and I have no doubt he'll be back in full force this season.
That's assuming Capuano puts him back at center, which as you've already said, is where he belongs. Actually having faith that Cappy will do the obvious thing, on the other hand, isn't necessarily a slam dunk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad