Pre-Game Talk: Islanders VS Leafs. Back to back encore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPiff17

Bay St. Bullies
Feb 22, 2009
the 416
Bozak has always been a good player - strong on the backcheck, gets the job done in both ends of the ice, wins draws and can be trusted in all situations. I'm not surprised Carlyle likes him so much.

Yeah I've always liked him from the get go, I think we on the boards all agreed that he wasn't #1C material when he was asked to play that role, and we pretty much agreed that he wasn't better than Grabovkski as a #2C, and based on Burkies bottom 6 philosophy, he didn't fit that number 3C role, even though he could fill that out well.

So for a while he was under the bus a little bit, but now we see how valuable that free agent college pick up is turning out to be

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I'm 99% sure it wasn't a loss. The Isles were playing the Devils. NJ played Clemmensen because they clinched a birth and they just **** the bed against the Isles. They started playing in the last few minutes of the game and actually tied the Isles but NY won in a shoot-out, the extra point knocked us out of the playoffs.
ah okay my bad lol. but point is i don't like them either :P

lampshade*

Perfect night to sit Orr, let's see how it would look playing a team with Carkner and Boulton in the line up. Where's all the heros that claimed brown could do the fighting?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Perfect night to sit Orr, let's see how it would look playing a team with Carkner and Boulton in the line up. Where's all the heros that claimed brown could do the fighting?

:huh: Brown has proven that he can handle pretty much anyone and do a decent job of it.

lampshade*

You never sit Orr against Isles.

You never sit Orr at all in reg season. The guy has fought the biggest hw on the NHL and dropped him to a knee, and had a great showing against a guy he's struggled with badly in the past in Engelland. Tonight will be another tough night, odds are he fights another one of the games elite hw. The effort Orr has put in to his resurgence as a player is admirable. His heart has never been questioned. He's looked good this far this year also, with the exceptions of a few shifts getting pinned in their own zone.

lampshade*

:huh: Brown has proven that he can handle pretty much anyone and do a decent job of it.

Hahaha yea show me where Brown has proven he can handle Scott, McGratton, Parros, ,Westgarth, Shelly. Brown sure did a great job of handling Faligno the other night.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
not sure where to put this, but as the biggest Komi hater around, I'm a gonna give him some credit - he's looked like a legit bottom pairing defenseman so far this year.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
here's some islander thoughts coming
Nichuskin, JVR, Kulemin, Lupul (when he's not injured), Frattin (if he takes the expected jump) paired with Kessel, Grabo, Kadri could be deadly. Small shifty skilled centers supplemented with big terrifying skilled wingers.

masyo88*

NO Brown could not handle anyone, that's just a leafs myth that some leaf fans spew out as actual fact. He lost to Prust opening night. He is a above average middle weight, but against the big boys hed get tossed. Brown does not intimidate the other team, but Orr makes the other team think twice before doing something stupid. Orr is one of the best fighters in the NHL, and so far this season he has been a decent forth liner. I love having him on the team! Gives our guys some balls we didnt have last year.

thatshype

Jul 3, 2010
Big game for the Leafs tonight.

Any word on confirmed lines yet? Personally I think you gotta keep JVR with Grabo, so that means one of Mac, Kulemin, or Frattin slots into the top line.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
We'll see how consistent they are this year.

In the last couple years, the Leafs would win a big game but lay an absolute dud the next day of a back to back.

You can't look past any opponent in this league and the Islanders are no exception. They always give us a run for our money, especially Matt Moulson.

So hopefully they can limit the scoring chances once again.

Bingo! I told a friend before pens game, these two games will give us a good tell on how legit this team is, a team that is so easy to get up for and a team that you can get your guard down.

Hoping for the best.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Hahaha yea show me where Brown has proven he can handle Scott, McGratton, Parros, ,Westgarth, Shelly. Brown sure did a great job of handling Faligno the other night.

Well you're talking about a whole different class right there which I'm not including Brown in. Just saying if we didn't have Orr(I'm glad we do), Brown is a capable enforcer. How many teams have these heavy-weights like Orr, McGratton etc? Not many. It does give you an edge in some scenarios. If the other team wants to throw down, they know they'll have to deal with one of the best in the business. Still can't believe he took on Scott, that man has balls the size of Jupiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad