Pre-Game Talk: Islanders VS Leafs. Back to back encore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Center Ice. Roges 455 or 454.

You you can watch hockey back to back to back like I did last night.

Called in sick this morning ... who needs job when you have hockey

You will when mom and dad stop paying the cable bill.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
nothing wrong with that. in fact, if you watch, you'll see the D often switch sides. this is for the 1 timer. if Liles and Phaneuf are out there together Phaneuf is going to be on the right side for the shot and passes coming from Liles.

remember Kaberle and McCabe?

Basically that's the way you have to go, if two of your best defensemen, shoot from the same side.

We only have 2 right handed shots on the team one is Kostka the other is Komisarek and I don't suggest we use Komisarek on the PP.

Usually in a two minute penalty, you would use two pairings, so if you have Phanuef and Liles as one pairing who plays the other?

I think Carlyle is trying to have two good pairings to play out the entire penalty.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Basically that's the way you have to go, if two of your best defensemen, shoot from the same side.

We only have 2 right handed shots on the team one is Kostka the other is Komisarek and I don't suggest we use Komisarek on the PP.

Usually in a two minute penalty, you would use two pairings, so if you have Phanuef and Liles as one pairing who plays the other?

I think Carlyle is trying to have two good pairings to play out the entire penalty.
Gardiner will be on the first unit soon. I would assume Liles and Kostka or Gunn on the other. Kostka is a better option than Gunn

not sure what point you think you are making?

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
The thing I sorta laugh at, is that the Islanders likely can't afford to amnesty him, so you guys are stuck with him still.

DP is freakin brutal. Maybe we will hurt him for you guys

Looks like Nabby is in net.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Gardiner will be on the first unit soon. I would assume Liles and Kostka or Gunn on the other. Kostka is a better option than Gunn

not sure what point you think you are making?

The point I trying to make, is that Phanuef and Liles cant play the entire 2 minutes on the Power Play and to keep the pressure on, Carlyle has split them up, so there is 4 decent Defensemen playing at all times.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
The point I trying to make, is that Phanuef and Liles cant play the entire 2 minutes on the Power Play and to keep the pressure on, Carlyle has split them up, so there is 4 decent Defensemen playing at all times.
I agree he will split them up but because Gardiner is the better option once he's back in game shape. that way he'll have his two best dmen on for the first PP unit.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Gards should be getting first PP duties soon

Agreed, however I think Carlyle will only let him when he sees he's back to game shape not asap.
CarlyleWhiteboardStruggle.gif

I laughed at that when watching lol.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
still bitter about the loss that kicked us out of the playoffs.

I'm 99% sure it wasn't a loss. The Isles were playing the Devils. NJ played Clemmensen because they clinched a birth and they just **** the bed against the Isles. They started playing in the last few minutes of the game and actually tied the Isles but NY won in a shoot-out, the extra point knocked us out of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad