Rumor: Islanders need an exposure eligible defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Alright well where is he?

Maybe Lou wants to drive us insane and he has a deal lined up with Seattle which we won't hear about till Wednesday, thus we will believe for the next few days we are losing Mayfield.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
The deal will be announced after Lou is done watching the premier of Matlock.

The problem with VHS recordings is that you have to rewind all the way to the beginning of the tape.

Also, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t skip the two minute long Bowflex commercials.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It would be funny if NYI is forced to protect 8 skaters and it be like a 6-2 split instead of 7-3.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Maybe Lou wants to drive us insane and he has a deal lined up with Seattle which we won't hear about till Wednesday, thus we will believe for the next few days we are losing Mayfield.
Like Dumba being exposed for Vegas. :P

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
It’s not rocket science. Either Greene/Coburn was signed and the deal is yet to be announced, or Lou has a side deal with Seattle pending to take someone like Komarov so he can just leave Mayfield exposed.

No, he didn’t forget and no they won’t lose one of Pelech/Pulock/Mayfield.

Most likely. Seattle can make trades up until the expansion draft. You would think that's what is happening here. Only problem with that is Francis has let it be known that a 1st and a 3rd is what's needed in order to help a cap crunch team. We will see.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
It’s not rocket science. Either Greene/Coburn was signed and the deal is yet to be announced, or Lou has a side deal with Seattle pending to take someone like Komarov so he can just leave Mayfield exposed.

No, he didn’t forget and no they won’t lose one of Pelech/Pulock/Mayfield.
Would have to be the former. What could nyi possibly entice Seattle with to not take mayfield on top of taking komarovs contract

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I was listening to a few podcasts, I forget if it was on Friedman's 31 thoughts or the Ray and Dregs Podcast, but one of them (Friedman/Dreger/Ferarro) said they think Lou was working on a deal with Seattle to pick the recently signed Ken Appleby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad