Rumor: Islanders need an exposure eligible defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
What would the punishment be if they don't comply?
I don't think there's a need for punishment, they just wouldn't be able to protect all of Pulock/Pelech/Mayfield. Unless Lou refuses to submit a protection list that has one of them exposed. In which case, how do you punish a GM gone rogue? Draft pick forfeiture? We're getting really theoretical here.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
All joking aside, I believe a player has to be on a the roster prior to the past season’s trade deadline in order to be bought out by said team.

Didn't Colorado Trade for Brooks Orpik in the Grubauer trade then buy him out

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
All joking aside, I believe a player has to be on a the roster prior to the past season’s trade deadline in order to be bought out by said team.
Isn't that only for "buyouts outside of regular buyout period???" I could have sworn people have been traded for the explicit purpose of another team performing the buyout...

Reactions: CupHolders

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Found it:
upload_2021-7-17_14-32-10.png

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So doesn't this need to happen like before the roster freeze ?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

Thanks. As you can see I wasn’t certain on the rule. But I do remember some years back when contemplating a similar trade/buyout scenario for the Isles, it proved to not be possible. Must’ve been a similar circumstance that fell under the rules you presented.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad